إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 10-25-2009, 08:20 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,613
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

I've spent a couple of days reading the (rather understandable in some cases) grousing and back-and-forth about vBulletin 4.0 and upgrades and updates and blogs and whatnot.

That's not really applicable to me in the whole* because I'm looking at starting a whole new forum. I've never held a vBulletin license before. So* I'm starting from scratch here. I've done some work in vBulletin* in the ACP and such* but I've never done an install or anything like that.

Supposing that I purchase 4.0 suite* have I got this right?
  • I will get v3.8.x forums and in the short term* and there will be an update/upgrade some time in the (presumably not too terribly distant) future to true 4.x for forums and blogs* for which I have already paid when I pay my $295 or whatever it is.
  • When that 4.x eventually comes through* I will also get CMS packaged with that.
  • If I want blogs* I have to purchase the suite* even if I don't really care about the CMS aspect of it (not really applicable to my needs)
  • I must presume that I can "turn off" CMS and just operate forums and blogs.
  • I can run 4.x forever* but my support/security updates/patches will sundown at some point* presumably to coincide with the release of 5.x* which is an indefinite time period in the future; could be three months* could be three years. But no matter what* so long as I'm willing to take a chance on not having security patches and the like* I can keep operating 4.x forever. I will never be considered to have an "expired license" through this one-time purchase.
  • Once my support ends* I will not be able to "buy in" to continued support for 4.x* but will then have to purchase an upgrade to 5.x* and eventually to 6.x* and so on if I want back-end support.
  • If I want to get the reduced price for a new purchase* I'll have to do that before the end of the day next Saturday (how is that defined* BTW? Midnight Central time* Zulu time* end of office hours Pacific time* interantional date line?)
This is not some sort of criticism or "talking down" of vBulletin. I just want to know precisely what I'm getting into before I sink any money in this.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
html something i cannot find or understand محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 07-06-2010 06:50 AM
I don't quite understand the concept of having a host with vBulletin... محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-06-2010 02:40 AM
CMS 4.0.2 CMS Section Display Management - Help me understand this please محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 02-17-2010 06:30 AM
I just want to make sure that I understand this correctly محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 10-25-2009 10:30 PM
I just want to make sure that I understand this correctly محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 10-25-2009 08:10 PM

الساعة الآن 08:06 AM