إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: مظلات وسواتر الاختيار الاول 0500559613 - تركيب مشاريع هناجر- مظلات السيارات -السواتر (آخر رد :مظلات وسواترالاختيارالاول)       :: الكسور أو إصابات الأعضاء (آخر رد :اسماعيل رضا)       :: إجراءات التصوير التشخيصي (آخر رد :اسماعيل رضا)       :: متجر الوسم والفروات الرجالية الشتوية (آخر رد :حسن سليمة)       :: أدوات تشخيصية لا تقدر بثمن (آخر رد :اسماعيل رضا)       :: مجموعة ديرتنتا لجميع أنواع التصاميم والطباعة والتعبئه لشركات المستحضرات والعطور وغيرها (آخر رد :عمران بحر)       :: الجمال الأثيري للخلاصات الطبيعية (آخر رد :اسماعيل رضا)       :: افضل مكان بيبع تكييف شارب فى مصر ؟ (آخر رد :elzwawy)       :: تحقيق التميز في مناقصات الطرق السعودية: أسرار العروض الفنية الرابحة (آخر رد :elzwawy)       :: تفسير حلم نقود معدنية (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 09-28-2010, 04:40 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,615
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Bahraini fears torture if he is returned

Hugh Tomlinson, Dubai and David Brown
Last updated September 15 2010 12:01AM

A Bahraini man living in London accused of masterminding a coup against the Gulf state’s royal family may seek political asylum in Britain because he fears being tortured if he returns home.
Husain Mshaima, a critic of the ruling Sunni elite in Bahrain, which has requested his extradition, said that the coup allegation was a cover for a brutal crackdown on Shia opposition groups before next month’s parliamentary elections.
“This is shameful just before the election. They want to stop any opposition activities. No one can voice an opinion. The people are like slaves,” he said.
Mr Mshaima, 62, has been in London since July receiving treatment for cancer. In August Bahraini security forces began rounding up opposition figures. Bahrain announced last week that it had broken a 23-man terrorist network that was plotting to overthrow the Government.
Mr Mshaima and Saeed al-Shehabi, a political refugee with dual citizenship, are accused of providing financial and logistical support for the rebels from London. Both men deny the charges.
Mr Mshaima said that he was offered thousands of pounds by Bahraini diplomats in London to halt his campaign for democratic reform. “When I refused the money . . . they started saying I’m a terrorist,” he said.
Bahrain has held preliminary talks with the British Government, which has no extradition treaty with the Gulf state, about the men. The Gulf Co-operation Council called on Britain to expel them.
Human Rights Watch has reported allegations that several men detained in Bahrain have been tortured. Mr Mshaima believes he will suffer the same fate if he returns. “I want to go back to my country but I can’t talk there . . . I am an opposition leader. They can’t keep me silent when they are torturing our citizens,” he said.
Sheikh Khalid bin Ahmad Al Khalifa, Bahrain’s Foreign Minister, said that there was evidence that the men in London were directly involved with the plot. He denied the allegations of torture.
An official request to extradite the men will be awkward for the British Government, which has identified the Gulf as a lucrative market for business interests.

Posters of detainees hang on a wall in Malkiya, Bahrain with graffiti saying 'free the innocent people' Hasan Jamali / AP
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة