إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 04-18-2010, 04:40 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,610
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Hi,

I decided to put hesitation aside and go beyond my normal research method (confusing web searches) and come to a place where folks are applying rational concepts and using practiced methods to deal with bot protection and the like. I am not currently running a server or involved in any way with corporate or personal networking. Just a home PC user on an old HP Vectra trying to learn more about online self-preservation. I currently use a software firewall and budget prohibits investing in a router for the present. Perhaps I can find an old PC tower to serve as NAT control or router? I am not afraid to try Linux in this regard if you can guide me to good instruction

I'll let this post stand or fall with a basic question. After the initial eye-rolling and sighing (or chuckling) please honor me with a few opinions or suggestions. I am respectful of your time and talents and am confident that we can at least have a brief and informative dialog.

Here's my question in three parts:

1. Can a server software be used to prevent incoming undesirable (connection slowing) proxy sniffers away from my ISP incoming connection? In others words, perhaps do what my provider is incapable of or unwilling to do?

2. If 'yes' how and what is the risk?

3. If 'no' I would l would be interested in your professional opinions on best practices on XP Pro SP2 in this regard. I work from a Limited User account and have no current low-level packet filtering capabilities. I have basic familiarity with Group Policy but a good grasp of firewall rule sets to block IP ranges.

I want to keep these sniffers and DoS inducers in limbo. Using 221.x, as an example, this China trouble is perched right on top of my ISP NAT system and I feel like a crow is circling by head waiting for port-meat. It's gotten so I don't even enjoy Opera browser anymore It seems to be designed to invite network access at a fundamental level, integrating with my system server in an unsolicited and unsafe way. I am looking for a strategy that might be more tightly configurable and effective than software firewalls and policy restrictions.

I can provide more detail if you like. But for now I'll just order a drink and find a table next to the piano.

Best Regards,

taimen
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات