إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 04-11-2010, 06:10 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

I upgraded our forum this morning from 4.02PL4 to 4.03. Everything went very smoothly. I had been a bit worried about upgrading as all our logging in troubles seened to have ironed themselves out so I backed up the database and the forum and installed. I checked all the permissions were intact etc. and had a look at Facebook Connect. I set it up ready to go but didn't enable it, that's all I did in the new software. After maybe two hours, I went to login and got the "wrong username or password" dialogue. My wife, the other admin got the same. It ended up we were unable to login to our own forum, nothing we did helped, tried uploading the tools.php and running that, no use.

Luckily for us, "downgrading" to 4.02PL4 is a simple directory name change on the server and so we only lost a few posts but now I've seen for myself what other admins are reporting, this is very worrying. Other than random occurrences of logging in problems which magically cure themselves, our board has lately run ok and we shelved plans to go back to 3.8.4.

I think this is the last time we will be "early adopters" of updates. One thing I've noticed recently in this forum is the lack of people desperate for the next release of vB

I hope they can get this on stable ground, ours is a tiny forum but much loved by its users, they are all getting on a bit and would need somewhere to go if our forum closed down so vB, get this sorted or I'm sending them all here, shuffling around in their Zimmers and smelling of wee and complaining about the "yoofs of today" and how you could get a loaf of bread, two pints of beer and a fish supper for a farthing back in the day.

Jeff.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك