إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: رؤية الزرافة في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: اسم هيا في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض مجربه | الفتح كلين سيرفيس (آخر رد :layansherief)       :: أهميتها وكيفية تنزيلها وتثبيتها (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: حلمت اني لابسه فستان ابيض (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: حول الألعاب وطرق تنزيلها (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: افضل قهوجيين بالرياض 30% خصم | (آخر رد :layansherief)       :: رؤية القطط في المنام للمتزوجة لابن سيرين (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: افضل شركة تركيب ستائر الكويت بخصم 13% | دليل شقردي (آخر رد :layansherief)       :: تفسير حلم المرايا (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 01-29-2010, 08:10 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,612
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

It has to be possible. If a 4.x vB database can be converted to an alternate system-X database and then subsequently converted back to a 3.x vB database, why not cut out the middle man and give the people an easy solution.

Case:

- Happy customer buys 4.x upgrade license after seeing "pretty oooh-aaah pictures" of new vBCMS
- Happy customer upgrades own 3.x vB forums to 4.x new spangled Suite
- Happy customer runs into mountain of Bugs; happy customer not happy any more
- Sad customer wants to immediately go back to happy 3.x version until 4.x gets sorted
- Sad customer is told "no can do"

- Sad customer, hounded by bugs and upset members of own forums, looks for a way out... *any* way out
- Sad customer hears more and more of other Sad customers abandoning bug-ridden 4.x ocean liner for a smaller, but happier ship
- Sad customer also hears that (s)he can convert to this other software and then back to the old 3.x
- Sad customer now has equal chances of doing the full conversion return loop, or doing one-way conversion only and remaining with other software for good
Now if only Sad customer could easily downgrade back to old 3.x version, Sad customer could happily wait until 4.x shed most of its bugs and both 4.x and customer would be happy again

I wanted to make the above into a comic strip, but I can't draw to save my life, so you're stuck with my smiley fest.

I fully understand that such a down converter would add to the support load, but I believe the benefit would outweigh that impact. Many more happy customers who could go up and down the series with relative ease, until they were completely happy with one or the other.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة