إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: دليلك لمنتجات العناية بالطفل على ويلنس سوق (آخر رد :elzwawy)       :: شراء الحذاء الجديد في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رؤية الفراش في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم البيت القديم للمطلقة (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير رؤية الاسد في المنام لابن سيرين (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: المصحف في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم الحامل بالجماع مع غير زوجها (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم الرياح (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: احدث موديلات جاكيت رسمي رجالي,اجمل موديلات جاكيت رسمي رجالي,ارخص اسعار جاكيت رسمي (آخر رد :بوابة الصين العربية)       :: مباشرات ومباشرين ضيافة قهوجي في جدة 0539307706 (آخر رد :ksa ads)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

I have just taken the first, very big step to styling my forum. First step was to simply wrap my new layout around vB and work from the inside out.

Easily done.

However I have now bumped into what I can only explain as an oversight in the front-end developers.

The width of the content area of my forum is 868px, and I ran into the following problem:
Attachment 41212

In the screen shot there are 2 <span>s which are supposed to be floated side by side, one at 49% wide with a 10px margin on the left (to inset it a bit) and another which is 50% wide.

What's intended is that the 1% missing from the defined width is supposed to accommodate the 10px margin, however, when the users reduces the forum display area (which I have to 868px) the 1% "free" for width is less than 10px, so you have 50% + 49% + 10px (10px being >1%) and as width, margin and padding all contribute to the overall "width" of an element, and the 2 elements are bigger than 100%, so they don't fit and the latter goes to the next line.

Suggested fix:

Float the second span right and remove width declaration (it's only a checkbox)

or

You could swap the two <span>s around and apply this CSS:
HTML Code:
.postdate old {
float: none;
margin-right: 80px;
margin-left: 10px;
}

.nodecontrols {
float: right;
}
The advantages of this method is that it will cause the 1st span to take up all space apart from a few fixed pixels for the second span with the checkbox.
These methods are done by editing postbit.css and the postbit templates.

I hope there are no more instances like this, I'm using a narrow layout as my forum is tailored to netbooks/slate pcs, where it is not uncommon to have a max resolution of 1024 x 600 px.
Attached Images
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Forum problem with widths when replying to or creating a new thread. محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 07-07-2010 08:20 PM
Adsense/EBay ad mixing on my forum? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 06-06-2010 07:50 PM
Forum Sidebar widths and adjustments محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 05-16-2010 08:20 PM
How do I make an exact copy of my forum (on another database?) before... محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 02-20-2010 03:41 PM
Mixing act as category & as forum محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-09-2009 04:50 PM

الساعة الآن 10:15 PM