إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: طرق التصوير الأساسية المستخدمة في علم الأشعة (آخر رد :اسماعيل رضا)       :: رقم شركة تخزين العفش بالجبيل (آخر رد :رودى طه)       :: تحذير قبل الاستثمار العقاري (آخر رد :ريم جاسم)       :: اسعار شركة تخزين اثاث بالدمام (آخر رد :رودى طه)       :: الأشعة السينية دورًا حاسمًا في تشخيص ومراقبة الأمراض (آخر رد :اسماعيل رضا)       :: معنى الحمل في المنام للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم الولد للمطلقة (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم الطعن بالسكين (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: التداول والأسهم: دليل شامل (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: ما هي الأسهم؟ (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 12-14-2009, 12:10 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Hi*

All being well* later this week I'll be migrating my site owners forum to new space. Due to issues with the existing webspace provider* I'm not able to use an SSH connection* so bear that in mind for what follows.

I've gone down the route of creating a fresh install of vBulletin 3.8.4 and vBadvanced 3.2.1 on the new space* which has all gone very successfully and no issues. This is currently reflecting the temporary URL for the new space* as the intended domain name has yet to be re-pointed across to it.

I've also copied across a number of folders and their contents which sit outside the forum install* but will be required on completion. The whole folder structure is as near identical as I can see to the current operational site.

The plan currently for the end of the week is as follows:
  1. Close the existing forum (running 3.8.2 & 3.1.0)
  2. Re-point the URL to the new space
  3. Complete a backup using MySQLDumper - I've already tested this and it works fine
  4. FTP the back up into the new space
  5. Restore the backup on the new space using MySQLDumper (again* this has already been tested)
  6. Test forum to identify any obvious problems & fix
  7. Re-open forum
As I've mentioned* I've tried a dummy run* but with the temporary URL in place and the test backup referring to its real domain name* a number of problems came up. However I'm making an assumption that once the real domain name is pointed to the new space* these conflicts will go away.

The only thing concerning me currently is the CSS* as the existing forum has the 'Store CSS Stylesheets as Files?' option selected. I know where the rather oddly named CSS files are and need to copy these across still - would I be correct in assuming these file names are recorded in the database?

Also* I know I'll need to amend things like the email SMTP details to match the new host* but that can be done after everything else is completed.

Does the above sound a reasonable approach? Have I missed anything obvious* or failed to spell it out?

If necessary* I can revert to using a copy of the files from the old site and restore the database into that should the version differences mentioned above be significant.

Thanks for any views on this

Chris (tta)
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Forum Can I copy/migrate my 3.8 forum, to my 4.0 forum/suite. محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 07-20-2010 12:20 AM
Forum Already Updated but want to Migrate, how easy to move forum info over? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 06-02-2010 04:10 PM
Forum Migrate users from 3.8 to 4 محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-22-2010 09:00 PM
migrate users to another forum...how? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 10-14-2009 09:10 AM
migrate users..and post..to other new forum. HOW? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 10-14-2009 06:20 AM

الساعة الآن 01:55 PM