إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 11-21-2009, 10:30 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

After reading all of the various suggestions* I think one area that has been neglected for the basic user is the installation process. This is the first experience most new users have of VBulletin* so I would think you'd want to make it as easy as possible* and also make the process a way to reduce the number of errors* questions that your users are having with your software.

I had posted some random ideas over the last few weeks* but figured I'd summarize into a cohesive thread for discussion. Please feel free to add yor ideas* and I'll keep editing this thread.

Server Requirements Check (after uploading files)
One of the basic items that I've seen multiple times on this forum* is that people do not readily see the minimum Php* and MySQL version requirements. This has caused issues with many users* and although there is a Sticky thread here on the forums* I wonder how many users have actually read it.

Suggestion: Do a version check as the 1st step of the installation process of a new VB install or upgrade. I have included an example from another installation script I use on one of my sites.

Attachment 38378

File Upload Correct? (after uploading files)
Another common issue I ahve seen posted here in the forums* are users who after FTP'ing the files seem to be missing some files. I have had this issue also* when my FTP program crps out during the upload* and I end up missing some files to be uploaded.

Suggestion: Similar as above* do a basic file check to ensure all of the files (by count* or size) are uplaoded. Again* I've seent his before in other installation scripts (not the other example I posted above).

Plugins/Pgrogarms Diasbled?
Many users have also missed this* and similar to above*
Suggestion: do a check similar to above if plugins* programs have been disabled.

Installation Steps (Next Step Buttons)
After installing VB4b4 I realized how many steps it took from upgrading from a 3.6.8 installation. Each steps had the next step button all over the place. Seems like there would be an easier way to handle this.

Suggestion: Make the Next Step buttons all in the same place. Not just after the different page lengths of the particular step that the user is on. Searching up and down with your mouse for hte next step is a real pain. Fix this with a simple table* or move tot he upper corner* etc...

What Other suggestions?
Attached Images
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Forum Cannot login as administrator after installation process محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 05-10-2010 10:50 AM
the new vB QA process محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-26-2010 06:20 AM
Forum Upgrading Process محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 03-26-2010 11:50 AM
Registration process محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-16-2009 02:20 AM
Question about the installation process محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-22-2009 09:30 AM

الساعة الآن 04:16 AM