إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: ورشة صيانة بنتلي بالرياض (آخر رد :renaultshamel)       :: مواصفات سيارة تويوتا كامري 2023 (آخر رد :saddkn)       :: طرق عزل الاسطح بالخبر (آخر رد :رودى طه)       :: كيف تحمي منزلك من هجوم الحشرات (آخر رد :رودى طه)       :: برامج الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: تبي متابعين تيك توك مجاناً؟ (آخر رد :ريم جاسم)       :: قهوجي جدة صبابين قهوه مباشرات ضيافه 0539307706 (آخر رد :ksa ads)       :: وانيت نقل عفش بالرياض 0539735360 ونيت توصيل اثاث مشاوير (آخر رد :ksa ads)       :: متجر Google Play: (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: فوائد تحميل التطبيقات: (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 11-04-2009, 11:50 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,610
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Greetings.

I have been a vBulletin customer for several years now. Since then* I've separated my site - it's content & thus its content management system - away from its community platform* which is vBulletin's forum software.

Though vBulletin's new publishing suite looks more than intriguing* I am unsure whether or not it can be considered a solution for me.

One thing I'm primarily concerned about is the complexity of its content management system. I'm skeptical of a new product like this - it's a drastic change in appearance* functionality* and features when compared to what evolved from originally: forum software. It's very hard to determine whether or not to even consider this as an option for me (as I'm sure as well with others) with no working demo of a front or back-end.

This leads me to ask: is this CMS as complex & as complicated as Joomla? The screenshots show shocking similarity in terms of comparing content management systems. And although I've been a web developer for the past decade* and know that Joomla is a very powerful content management system* it's also huge and complex. It's also not as simple as other content management systems to code into.

I'd also like to know whether or not the new publishing suite would be a good option for an e-commerce site* in which is the type of site I run in question. Again* judging from screenshots* the CMS looks similar to Joomla* which is such an extensive content management system I see it ideal for actual content sites* not e-commerce sites containing products/services and payment gateway pages.

Below are some of my questions that I would also like to ask without the need of going into depth with them as I did above.

1.) (Read fully above to understand question) Is the CMS complex? Hard learning curve? Hard to code?
2.) Would this CMS be a good foundation for e-commerce sites?
3.) Can specific templates be assigned to specific pages or areas (categories) of the site?
4.) In comparison to vBulletin forum's plugin system* is there a a plugin system for the CMS?
5.) In regards to question #4* is it possible to perform PHP functions such as PHP includes or something similar to easily insert existing templates or content? (Think of inserting a footer or navigational menu.)
6.) Will plugins that work with vBulletin 3.x series work with vBulletin forum 4.0?
7.) In regards to question #6* can/will plugins conflict with each product? (Forum plugins conflict with CMS and vice-versa?)
8.) Can users be added to access the back-end of the CMS?
9.) In regards to question #8* are users "shared" between the forum and the CMS?
10.) In regards to question #8* can entire usergroups be assigned to be able to access the CMS and have their own special permissions?
11.) Specifically in regards with question #10* can usergroups be assigned specific permissions such as only being to add content & edit their own content? Would it be possible for specific usergroups to only be able to add content to specific categories of the site* that are configured in their permissions?
12.) Is this a CMS for a site* or is this just a platform to add content pages within the forum?
13.) In relation to question #12* is the CMS and the forum two completely separate products? Will they require two separate installations in two separate locations? (Locations meaning directories.)
14.) How are pages and categories identified within the CMS? (Is there an ID system to avoid server errors so that pages and categories still work properly if* for example* two pages have the same name?)
15.) Regarding the category system* is there a hierarchy system* where administrators may create categories and subcategories to divide content into?
16.) How are pages and categories outputted via structure? Is there a URL structure and is it configurable/customizable?
17.) Can the templates be coded into any HTML standard (XHTML* HTML* etc)?

18.) Are tags within the definable by authors and/or administrators for content/pages/categories created? (Can meta tags be added or is there an option to fill out common tags such as meta tags etc by the author?) If specific head tags are not supported* is it possible to add it in somewhere on the content submission form or would it have to be added into the template specifically?
19.) Looking at the content submission form screenshot* I see there is a content layout drop down menu - is this required/what is its purpose? I don't understand the column set-up or the necessity of it.
20.) Is there a way to customize the homepage of the site for users that are logged in? (Is it possible for the CMS to assign special usergroups specific templates when viewing the site?)

I am interested in learning more about vBulletin Publishing Suite 4.0 and more specifically its new CMS. I do ask that the pre-sales & support team of vBulletin are able to answer all of my questions asked above with as much detail and explanation for maximum clarification.

If possible* it would greatly influence my decision being able to see and/or use a demo version of the CMS.

I am also interested to know if there are any coupon codes available for a certain percentage off while both products (forum & publishing suite) are on sale now as I may possibly be interested in purchasing more than one license of the publishing suite should I see the CMS fit the needs of my sites.

I'll be frequently checking back into this thread for answers to my above questions. Please* staff-only answer/reply to thread and my questions. And also please number your answers in relation to my questions (ie* put a #1 when you're answering my question #1 and so on and so forth..).
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
vBulletin Publishing Suite 4.0 ?? Pre-Sale Questions محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-04-2009 04:50 PM
vBulletin Publishing Suite 4.0 ?? Pre-Sale Questions محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-04-2009 02:00 PM
vBulletin Publishing Suite 4.0 ?? Pre-Sale Questions محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-04-2009 01:50 PM
vBulletin Publishing Suite 4.0 ?? Pre-Sale Questions محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-04-2009 12:50 PM
vBulletin Publishing Suite 4.0 ?? Pre-Sale Questions محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-04-2009 11:40 AM

الساعة الآن 10:36 PM