إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: برامج الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: تفسير حلم صبغ الشعر اشقر للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم الولادة بتوأم (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: ضياع العباءة في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: استكشاف الرفاهية والفخامة: مميزات مشروع كمبوند في ليفلز الشيخ زايد الجديدة (آخر رد :shaimaamohamed)       :: رؤية الحرامية في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رحلة انقاص وزنك تبدأ مع الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: تفسير حلم الخطوبة للعزباء من شخص مجهول (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: قهوجي جدة قهوجيات صبابات 0539307706 (آخر رد :ksa ads)       :: عدم اهتمام شخص بك في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 10-25-2009, 12:10 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

I posted this before in another thread but it got quickly buried by other posts and since it really means a lot to me (and perhaps to other members as well)* I would like to repost it in a new thread with the hopeful thinking that IB will take it to heart.

Can we stop talking about CSS for a second?

When I hear people responding critical to criticism regarding the current alpha/beta style* most I hear is* "why bother* this is CSS and it is easy to change to your liking." Yes* that is probably true in regard to styling and coloring. But creating a successful board theme is a lot more than just finding the right colors and font sizes.

Creating a successful theme is about interaction design. More specifically* about rich interaction design It is a distillation of best practices* patterns* and principles for creating a rich experience unique to the Web. Respecting the user's level of effort is key to producing an effortless interaction. Understanding the user's intent and providing just the right amount of interface (contextual tools) within the current context is critical to providing a lightweight experience. This is a lot more than just styling. It is reconsidering what forum tools we want to offer* and how we want to offer it* at what time and in what place.

Example: The Edit Options page. It's bloated with unnecessary options among a few necessary (or more commonly edited if you will) ones. Do I really need "Allow vCard Download" to be at number 3 of the list? Has anyone ever bothered to change that setting? Why not add the more commonly edited first and add an "advanced" link near the bottom that would* if clicked on* unroll (ajax) further options to be edited?

Another example: The asset manager. It's so sadly confusing that it even turns me off* an old school forum user. Rather than improving the user experience* it makes matters much more difficult than it was before. For a fair analysis* please see this thread.

Fixing or improving user interaction can be done throughout the forum software. Make it (look) less bloated* focus on the typical user's interaction* while keeping the extra features alive by using intelligent web technologies like ajax. THIS is the job only a professional designer can do* a designer who knows her stuff. Everything else* like adding gradients or shadows here and there* is just the icing on the cake.

I hope I could make my point more clear* and I am confident that a lot of other users here share my sentiment.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
CMS Lack of information محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 05-26-2010 04:20 AM
Worst design ever* please save 3.x design as one of default محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-19-2009 03:00 AM
UI design - or lack thereof! محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 10-25-2009 11:50 AM
Forum won't load due to lack of eaccelerator. محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 08-16-2009 09:50 PM
Lack of understanding? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-09-2009 05:16 AM

الساعة الآن 10:45 AM