إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: رؤيا الدم في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: الرقم ثلاثة في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تصميم موقع خدمات: تواصل فعال وتجربة ممتازة للعملاء (آخر رد :مصطفيي)       :: تفسير رؤية اكل اللحم في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: السحور في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: مامعنى الزواج في الحلم؟ (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تصميم فيديو موشن جرافيك: القوة البصرية للتسويق الابداعي (آخر رد :مصطفيي)       :: تفسير رؤيا لدغة العقرب في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: شركات عزل فوم: الحل الفعّال للحفاظ على الحرارة والطاقة" (آخر رد :mohammedrostora587a0)       :: تفسير حلم تساقط الأسنان (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 09-07-2009, 05:30 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,613
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Hi Folks,

I'm planning to start a forum within the next day, which I discussed a bit in pre-sales. Today I was looking closer at the hosts (it is planned as a small-moderate forum for awhile, but we are bringing over many folks from yahogroups and such) . Originally I was looking at the $5 $10 stuff, however $20 is fine. There are so many little gotchas that you can't make a decision on small change.

Since there are so many hosts available:

Two things come to mind that I would really like:

1) A neat discussion forum on the web host

2) A host that specializes in vBulletin would be fine

(multi-domains in one host purchase would be nice too but a minor issue)

Any host that hosts a forum is really taking a nice open approach, allow allowing the kvetchers to mess them up and waste their time.

Companies with forums that look good are :

A Small Orange, HostGator (economy)

FutureQuest, RealWebHost

Dreamhost and LunarPages (not real vBulletin friendly) also have fine forums, yet I would probably pass on for vB. There probably are 5-25 more that fit this mix.

For a specialty host on vBulletin forum URLJet looks kewl. No forum, yet real savvy according to vBulletin threads. Slightly pricey, but not if they save me time and effort in installs and support and such, and help optimize for vB response.

GlobalGold may fit in here, as they advertise "vBulletin Custom Hosting" and good buzz here. However again, no forum, and UK-based. I see the buzz is excellent, so they may join URLJet as the ones to consider even without a fourm.

Companies like Liquidweb and Pair.com, like GlobalGold like good on the mid-level, but lack the forum, so I would probably take a Futurequest over them on that one point.

Knowing that I am strongly preferring hosts that fit one or both of the requirements, feel free to comment in any way or offer any suggestions (or good alternatives that are strong in the same way).

I'm ready to enroll tonite. Last night I was ready to start with Lunar or Dream (good $, good rep, 60-day trial), went to the checkout stage, and then I did some more checking and decided the above.

Right now the ones in the lead are URLJet, FutureQuest, RealWebHost and A Small Orange and HostGator. They all seem to represent different personalities, three have the forum, one has the vBulletin special emphasis. I'll probably run through the checkout with each one, check trials and such. The recent difficulties at A Small Orange being a concern.

"FutureQuest does not provide CPanel nor Fantastico. We have our own in-house developed control panel which we call the CNC or Command'N'Control."

CPanel in the new version is pretty neat, so this could be good or bad, depending.

Reading the threads is interesting. RealWebHosting does have a $50 fee for even a new customer with a fresh vBulletin install. Not on the FAQ. Transfers are free, which is strange, since that could be more work. I said that was a 'bit of a dealbreaker' and the phone fella sounded a tad upset, in a nice way. On the other hand I got a solid phone answer on Sunday night from somebody who sounded like a main fella on Labor Day weekend -- so maybe that balances out .

Will I save much time with URLJet connection for setup ? Or just a few minutes ?

ok, I found a thread that says that setup with CPanel is basically just upload.

Thanks

Shalom,
Steven Avery
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Changed hosts and cannot restore forum - Please help محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 06-01-2010 10:10 PM
Forum Moved hosts now forum isn't displaying any graphics محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 03-17-2010 02:20 AM
Cms & forum hosts محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-05-2010 03:10 AM
hosts w/ discussion forum and vB specialty محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 09-07-2009 05:20 AM
Changing Hosts for existing vb forum... question inside... محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 06-11-2009 03:50 AM

الساعة الآن 11:08 PM