إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 06-03-2009, 03:40 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,613
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

الدكتور عبدالجليل السنقيس يكتب عن عريضة البحرانيين للامم المتحده فى اوسع جريدة انتشارا فى امريكيا - نيويورك تايمز

Op-Ed Contributor
Promises Kept

By ABDULJALIL ALSINGACE

Published: June 2, 2009

Manama, Bahrain

WHEN President Obama addresses the Muslim world tomorrow I have one main request: Be careful when you use the words “change” “dream” and “democracy.” Those things don’t come so easily to us.

When George W. Bush stopped by Bahrain last year, I tried to give him a petition with more than 80,000 signatures stating that Bahrain is not a beacon of democracy, as he and his secretary of state seemed to believe. The American Embassy here promised to pass the petition to the White House, but its fate remains unclear. This petition calls for our right to draft a democratic constitution.

Those who seek “change” here pay dearly. I was arrested at dawn last January, held in solitary confinement and accused of trying to overthrow the kingdom’s regime. After international and local pressure I was released and pardoned, but my case is still technically suspended. My two blogs and Facebook posts are blocked and people in Bahrain do not have direct access to them.

It would be good if Mr. Obama vowed to support democracy and human rights. But he should talk about these ideals only if he is willing to help us fulfill them.

Abduljalil Alsingace is an associate professor of engineering at the University of Bahrain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/03/opinion/03Alsingace.html?_r=1
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
ايهما اوسع من الداخل ؟؟ محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-10-2010 11:20 AM
الخليفيون يهددون بقتل البحرانيين بالسلاح محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-28-2009 05:00 AM
كيف انزع كود سكربت SE SupremeEdition v1 0 محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-01-2009 02:20 AM
كلمة البحرين أمام الجمعية العامة للامم المتحدة محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 09-29-2009 06:10 AM
كيف اوسع الستايل محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 06-05-2009 05:10 PM

الساعة الآن 09:15 PM