إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 05-23-2009, 07:50 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,613
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

I was thinking about switching from mybb to vbulletin, however if some of what is in this quote is true, then I may not wind up making the switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1344913
I'm not going to post links to the information here (google is your friend), mainly because I don't want to help spread popularity of the links and sites containing them, but I'm curious as to what you think of the leaked information so far. If you haven't heard, then google it (it's pretty big right now), and come back when you've read the information:

The nuts and bolts of it, as it's understood:

vBulletin 4 will NOT be free to anyone (even those with licenses which would allow them to download it). You must pay, even if you have a current owned (or leased) license

vBulletin 4 will come in two contexts:
Forums only - $195
Suite - $285

Forums only will just be the forums, nothing more. In addition, those licenses will have only 30 days of support to them via helpdesk.

Suite will have the forums, CMS, blog , project tools, and all new "projects" (currently undisclosed). These licenses will have no limit to support via helpdesk.

Leased licenses:
These are done away with, they will not exist any longer. Current leased customers must upgrade to owned licenses.

Individual projects:
It's not stated directly, but it's pretty obvious that they're going to stop selling those, so if you have one, you're screwed.

Upgrades/renewals:
There will no longer be a yearly "renewal" fee, but they'll get you when it comes to upgrade, say v4 to v5. If the development keeps going on as it is, v5 will be on us MUCH sooner than v4 was.

I'm sure I missed something in the nuts and bolts, feel free to correct me if I have.

My 0.02:
As a vBulletin leased (and owned) license holder, this is going to kill me. I have two leased (plus blogs) licenses and, I just don't see this making any sense whatsoever. The biggest problem to me is the alienation of a group of individuals just because you don't want to provide support for (or take money from) leased licenses any more. That's just wrong.

Of course, then there's the legal issue of existing contracts which are required to be honored. Since those of us that have owned licenses have purchased those and upgrades with the undersetanding that we WILL receive updates, they can't modify that contract halfway through it.

Your thoughts?
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
طلب طلب كراك SpongeBob: Truth or Square محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-12-2010 10:40 AM
Is this true ? strange !!! Please tell us the truth ! محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 03-13-2010 08:20 PM
[طلب] : كراك لعبة Death to Spies Moment of Truth محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 08-14-2009 04:10 PM
Truth of life ήoOήY نادي محروم للغه الانجليزيه 5 09-09-2008 06:02 AM
إكشف واخسر وإربح !!! The Moment of Truth مزيون بوظبي الحوار والنقاش - الرأي والرأي الآخر 25 06-22-2008 05:25 AM

الساعة الآن 05:33 PM