إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 12-23-2012, 01:20 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

To get site up and running, by walking me through simple easy to understand instructions in english...

I used to be able to install V bull in about an hour and a half after buying a website. started with 1.8

4.0 took a couple tries then, I got everything correct and it was in, but with this 5. Way over my head...

Seems like the commenting in the form fill fields is very confusing...not as simple anymore.

when attempting to install 4.0 again last week I kept getting error unable to connect to DB.

So I decided after reading how simple it was to install 5 and build the site to upgrade.

Now I keep getting a (2) unable to connect Sock error. Talked with Godaddy, they say they have it worked out and there should be no issues they have a section specifically installing V5 and I can get it at all.

here is the link if it helps others who do read mumbo sql and linx, I am way behind times in script abilities, in fact understand 0 of it. It talks about Mod re write...sure thing, Looks like hieroglyphics cant spell that either...

here is link
support.godaddy.com/groups/web-hosting/forum/topic/help-tips-on-installing-vbulletin-5/?pc_split_value=3
add www in front

I am not sure how to finish the tables in my data base. also was kinda thinking this was done automatically when installing Bull. So you can see I am lost keep reading...I also say that below...

This is a Complete new fresh install downloaded tonight. no files on server at all just a root folder.
I set up /vb5 as directed since simplicity is now key with me. I did the upload folder named and followed as directed...
The web addy is going to be .freedomofspeech.cc for anyone that can show me what the heck I am in need of doing. I will remove website addy after I get this help, I am not advertising...

1) I set up DB as speechdb it is a mysql with "Password" user name is same as DB speechdb Godaddy thing.
I will edit the Password when I get to that point.

Php version on server is confirmed as 5.3

Cpanel has a place, I can select php my admin clicked that.

2) Next, I think I am supposed to have a table set up inside DB but I kinda forget since I speak and read / write english not Squirrle ...so I figured it would be something like Forum, but I hate using that word because it makes setting up things a lot more confusing... but I thought I need to add here something like Forum then it ask how many fields...No clue here...But I also thought maybe it was the install that created the tables seems to me I remember that from the past, not sure either way at this point.

3) I attempt to edit the config file and it seems to be more difficult also...
I have provided the info above so someone can walk me through or do it and show me...
since I am not getting this even close...or even e mail it to me..that would be too awesome...

4) When I attempt to run script I get can not connect (2) error sock.
info from server is as follows, for this But now I also am too confused to insert in the right location or the proper format so I gave up on that, no support either way on this. here is the info

the server information for DB is as follows...

• Database name and username:

speechdb
  • Friendly Name:

forum
  • Admin URL (phpMyAdmin):

https://p3nlmysqladm001.secureserver.net
  • MySQL version:

Setup
  • Hostname:

speechdb.db.10202782.hostedresource.com

Wow I am so disgusted with the support from V Bulletin at this time...Not in the forum but purchasing changing e mail and such things...

I have sent no less than 15 e mails, I own two Bulletins Life time licesence, since 1.8 and I had to fork out the 400 or 500 for the 4.0 suite despite having a lift ime lic. Then I upgraded to 5 just a while ago with no help from the support or sales dept, I was lucky I found e mails from 2010 or I would still be waiting...

Sent e mail asking for access since my old e mail account was spammed and spamming so I got a new one, at 7:45 pm est and still nothing...They acted as though they could not verify me, but My email address is my name I provided web sites approx dates from 2001 2010 and now...I found membership number, Installation number then I finally stumbled on my old emails...

Please just help me understand and please dont say read..I have read so that now I cant even do anything without making mistakes...

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to work on my site for the next three days, since I am a project manager for Natural Gas pipelines and I am too slammed when working...Thanks again to anyone who can help me.

- - - Updated - - -

wow ironically enough I just got an email from support...lol
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
قهوه ستار بوكس Star Bucks Coffee كشوخيه تفجير فن المطبخ والطبخ 17 06-13-2012 09:38 AM
Webber looks a good bet for F1 title - Bucks Herald محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-18-2012 02:10 PM
CMS CMS RSS2 Feed, How to get the feed to include images محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 07-10-2010 06:40 PM
CMS RSS Feed appending feed, breaking all links محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-27-2010 05:50 AM
18/2 برنامج خدع بصرية eyeSight SPOON v1.00 s60v3 SymbianOS.x Signed محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 02-18-2010 04:50 AM

الساعة الآن 07:19 PM