إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: المال في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: الحامل في المنام للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم اللون الأصفر (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: الحريقة في الحلم (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم المفتاح للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم الحمل على وشك الولادة للعزباء* (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم الحمل على وشك الولادة للعزباء* (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: مباشرات قهوه قهوجيات صبابات جدة 0552137702 (آخر رد :ksa ads)       :: ما تفسير حلم العقرب الأصفر؟ (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: الحلم بكلب أسود (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 04-14-2009, 08:50 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,613
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

A long time ago I set the maximum private message limit to 1000. At the time the forum was small and I never thought somebody would actually collect 1000 private messages.

I was looking at the private message statistics a few days ago and quite a few users are using close to the max. When asked, they all indicate they love the system and would like to keep it as it is.

I looked at the tables and I don't see private messages using a ton of database space, unless I am looking at the wrong tables. My database disk usage has been increasing a lot lately but everything is running smooth.

Are private messages stored like a regular post or is their impact on the database much less? Or more?

I was a bit shocked to see how badly the users want to keep their messages. We all know they can download them and stuff but they like them just the way they are. I'd like to keep the users happy but if 1000 private messages are the same hit as 1000 forum posts I would prefer to keep forum posts and not have to prune the forum someday.

I have tons of bandwidth and CPU and web disk space. My only limit is database disk usage.

I don't suppose I can store the private messages in the filesystem?

Is there an easy way to gauge how much disk space they are using? Can I sort them by size?

I have phpMyAdmin running to browse tables and do other scary things.

Thanks!

PS - v3.7.6, if that matters.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Private Messages Suggestions: Draft folder in private message محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-01-2009 07:10 AM
Private Messages Suggestions: Draft folder in private message محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-01-2009 03:00 AM
Private Messages Suggestions: Draft folder in private message محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-01-2009 02:50 AM
Private Messages Suggestions: Draft folder in private message محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-01-2009 01:50 AM
Private Messages Suggestions: Draft folder in private message محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-01-2009 01:40 AM

الساعة الآن 06:11 PM