إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 12-30-2009, 07:30 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,613
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Long story short, I kept getting 'max user connection' errors at my old shared ISP and their uptime and reliability went in the dumper. They kept shutting me off because they said my resources were too high and compromising other accounts on the server.

So I bit the bullet this week and found a new host at WiredTree and got a VPS with 1GB of RAM, a ton of disk space, and plenty of bandwidth.

The cut-over was today and DNS has been propagating all day. Some users are getting the new site and some the old. Under normal times, the site runs fine, just as it did on the old shared host. However, since we are a sports site, when it's game time, many more users get on at the same time to post and read the forums. My users indicated that the web site was STILL slow during this peak usage. Obviously, since we are a sports site, game night is a pretty important night for us. Some said they had trouble connecting entirely.

My web site is www.udpride.com

As far as VB sites, I do not consider my site to be "large". I have about 3,000 members and maybe another 1,000 folks who "lurk". We have a little over 100,000 posts in the database. At any one time there's maybe 100 users in the "whos online". During peak usage on game night, that can spike to 300-600. I've tried turning off plug-ins and dialing down things like "online users" and its just window dressing. It doesn't affect things at all.

Im running 3.8.4. I have the VB Blogs on my site and also Photopost and Photopost Classifieds, the latter virtually unused.

I don't know what the problem is, but I"m so frustrated I feel like there is no one out there bright enough to diagnose the problem and fix it. I just want my site to run fast. It's not a money issue. If I knew someone could fix the problem, I'd spend the money. Or Id ask the VB Techs to take a trouble ticket and try to diagnose the issue and recommend the solution.

But I'm at a loss as to what to do. And, I feel alone. I spend a small fortune getting the web site converted to a new VPS (and Im totally agreeable to the fact that all things being equal and perfect, it will run smoother with the resources of a VPS), but Im at the point where if I dont find a permanent fix to this issue and SOON, I will probably be out of business.

Help. In the most sincere way.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Forum Causes of a slow site? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 06-27-2010 08:22 AM
Site running slow محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-05-2010 11:30 PM
Blog Blog as home page and making it site only blow محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-23-2009 12:30 PM
How can we copy accidentally-deleted sub-forums from a test site to our main site? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-01-2009 09:40 AM
How can we copy accidentally-deleted sub-forums from a test site to our main site? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-01-2009 07:40 AM

الساعة الآن 07:40 AM