إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: متجر بي راقى لبيع اللوحات الجدارية (آخر رد :حسن سليمة)       :: شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالدمام (آخر رد :العنود جابر)       :: شركة تركيب كاميرات مراقبة بينبع (آخر رد :rwnaa_1)       :: المنصات عبر الإنترنت من التقنيات المبتكرة (آخر رد :اسماعيل رضا)       :: برامج الحفظ عبر الإنترنت المرونة (آخر رد :اسماعيل رضا)       :: تطبيق كليك كاش click cash (آخر رد :جاسم الماهر)       :: متجر ساكورا للهدايا: تمتع بتجربة تسوق استثنائية (آخر رد :نادية معلم)       :: التداول والأسهم: دليل شامل لعالم الاستثمار (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: برامج الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: التسجيل في الضمان المطور: خطوة بسيطة نحو مستقبل آمن (آخر رد :مصطفيي)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 11-12-2009, 02:00 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,613
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

General (Forums)

The tableless CSS revision of the templates was what I see really nice about vb4* and would like to experience more of what the functionality gives... If the UI helped show that. Certain things like the reply quote drop down editor and forumhome/forumdisplay threadbit retouches are nice* but the rest of the interface seems so loose and not planned out. Anyways...
  • AJAX Calendar Tabs
    The tabs for changing views on the calendar is a nice idea* but should be AJAX powered. Also* the yearly view should have the months grid up based on width of browser window* not a 3 column only.
  • User CP Needs Revision
    It was a bit of a complaint back in vB3 days* but with the last of the vB3.x series and now vB4* it's still an issue. The problem being users can't find what they need as easy and they'd like* do to a long list of options just being there. I've tried my own attempts at fixing this* and although not perfect* it builds on what vB2 did with a vB3 twist. I put the links in dropdowns and added back in the buddy list. When someone visits a sections* like Edit Your Details* it'll change the "Quick Start" to be As well* it's funny I get people who didn't know the Private Messaging and what not info blocks existed on the User CP home. I didn't know either til I looked in the coding* and now keep them displayed so people will know too.

• UI Overhaul-ish
    I had to say that after trying to attachment more images. The Asset manager is nice* but maybe could be worked to be a little more self explained for the average user. Though* being I'm not an average user* I knew how to work it* except for an attachment not loading there* and then no delete option working. Not to mention the attachment manager in the User CP is too wasteful* it could load the attachment inline and not massive whitespacing from a traditional row style... The advance search area is also too spacious and less logical* as vB3.x series at least was more wholesome and not busy.
Haven't upgraded my license and don't plan to if that's all vB is destined to be. I know the functionatily is good* and this is a beta* but there doesn't seem to be much order or thought in the UI. I remember the announcements of makign the templates for vb4 before the release of the Alpha* and yet there's still many issues with the UI. Remember* a successful UI is one that can be expected and understood at first glance. Lots of whitespace* no whitespace* lack of content separation* and otherwise a learning curve* is a bad UI. Even though I'm not happy with InvisionPower's interfaces* their interface beats vb4's. vb3's interface was much better... Only thing that's great about vb4's interface is that it's tableless CSS* but that's it.

Albums/Gallery

The current albums feature has great potential to make a light gallery feature much more useful than any other software on market. Only a few bits of functionality keep it from being a gallery solution without too much bulk.
  • Global Categories
    Optional or required* this would be an option for each album image to choose from a list of predefined categories. If the user decides to select a category for the upload* then the upload then becomes listed; otherwise it can stay more of a 'private' nature like they are now. This would help on exposure of the imagery if the author so wants there to be. More advanced category control such as multiple categories for one piece (similar as searching for different categories for each aspect of the piece* like for a art-based gallery* one category being painting* the other being abstract* and then a third being digital or traditional.)
  • Image Tagging
    A way to add extra keywords to a image that categories wouldn't be able to cover. Thus* creating a tag cloud with the categories feature on a gallery index page.
  • Favorites
    A method for members to privately or publicly bookmark other's album pictures they like. This would benefit the authors of such album work to gain more exposure and help members easily keep track of images they like. An option of having an upload be private or public would help protect those who wish to not have their works be able to be favorites or listed. Another idea is to list how many tiems someone was favorited and let the author have exclusive stats of such as well.
  • Revised Album (Gallery) Page

The current global album indexing page should be revised with things such as statistics* category listing* tag cloud* latest submissions* popular pick/most favored (of the day/week/month/year/etc)* featured albums* etc.
  • Revised Member Album Profiles
    Make albums be placed in a tab* giving a list of the member's albums as well as a [random/newest/popular/etc] mix of images from all their albums. Favorite album images the user picks could be in place or added with the left album widget.
These enhancements would be purely for optional use. Those who'd rather not have gallery-enhanced albums could turn off all the options and have the simple 3.7/3.8 styled features.

Blogs

The latest update to the blogs is a very successful one* I'll admit. The additions* though not as innovative as the first portal version of the blog software* are very pleasing to the user when it comes to UI friendliness. However* there's some features I feel would help the blogs be more useful.
  • Featured Entries Revised
    It's nice to have a sticky-like style for the "Featured" entries* but they also take up a lot of space. When going to categories* they still take up a lot of space and thus can confused a user if the category change actually worked or not (it did confuse me). A solution to this is to keep featured entries exclusive to the portal page or using something like the 2nd example on this page shows. Either way* the featured entries need to stand out* but not be in the way.
  • Multiple Blogs per User
    Especially with the ability to add users to a blog* letting users create more than one blog would be beneficial* as Wordpress MU has shown. But as always* this could be turned on/off or otherwise limited via usergroups. This would make the blog feature more useful (same reason blogs in general are useful) and discourage the creation of multiple accounts for the sole purpose of those needs.
  • Blogs for Social Groups
    The discussion feature* which in my opinion should work more like threads other than topic-based commenting* is good for getting the regular discussion from multiple members. A blog would help with more announcement and news based needs. After all* this would make groups more of an organization than just a title* while not forcing or driving them away from the forum component. The way this could be added is either automatically for each group leader upon creation of a group* or via linking a multi-created blog to a social group by the group leader.
  • AJAX searching
    Similar as v3Arcade (3rd party vBulletin arcade modification) does its searching. That is* as you type* it provides a list of entries. This would be for quick and simple searches* but not for the advanced searches.
Social Groups

The new style makes it more confusing to understand groups* since a separation of content elements isn't really there. We are in the age of using more whitespace without borders* but that only works if done correctly. In this case* it isn't. Onto the features...
  • Revise UI for groups
    The current group UI is bad. It has a potential of working* but elements and controls take effort to find and use* instead of being a one time finding. Afterall* a successful UI is one with little to no learning curve. The more it conveniences* the better. Check my attachment for what I currently use/have* it works on giving controls and information without much to any searching.
    Attachment 37636
  • Polls* Recent Visitors* Etc...?
    Possibly the addition of more widget data* but then again* the groups are pretty much feature-complete as is. Just improving the UI is needed.
Attached Images
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
برنامج بلاك لست Black List Pro for Nokia Series 60 محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 02-24-2010 09:10 PM
CMS 4.1 feature list? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-31-2010 09:00 PM
CMS feature list/ usergroup permissions محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-09-2010 06:50 PM
User Group Feature list محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 09-14-2009 08:00 AM

الساعة الآن 08:22 AM