إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 06-28-2009, 08:10 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,613
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

I feel like I'm missing something obvious with this but...

We have some private boards in an admin section of the Forum.

The boards are visible only to those with permission to access them. And they cannot be accessed by users without proper permissions even if they have an address to a thread within the board. That much is verified and works perfectly.

When I set up these forums, I required a password to access them. The note in the Forum Password option says
Quote:
(Optional: This acts in addition to any other permissions set for this forum)
I took that to mean the mods would have to enter a password in order to enter the boards yet, from the beginning, they were able to enter and post without being challenged for a password. This is true for both regular mods and super mods.

I set up a test super mod,accessed the Forum through a different browser, logged in and was able to enter the super mod board without entering a password. I then logged out, cleared cookies and browsing history, closed the browser, reopened it, and logged in with the same results.

I'm not sure it's a huge problem given the layers of security noted above, but I'd rather have that added layer of a password given that our old Forum was under attack by some really sick people a few months back,which is what prompted our move to vB.

Current settings:

Quote:
Access Options

Forum Password - [set for each board]

Apply This Password to Child Forums (Only if changed) - No

Can Have Password - No
(Setting this to no will prevent a password from being inherited and from being set by moderators)
(Note: You may still set a password manually)
There are no child Forums and I assumed the last one meant mods would be prevented from setting their own passwords.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Or does hiding the boards from those without permission to use them override the password requirement? Or something else?

Thanks for any insights.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Password Protected Forum محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 05-10-2010 08:10 PM
Forum Password problem محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-12-2010 09:20 PM
Password-protected boards problem محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 06-28-2009 08:20 PM
password problem. محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 06-24-2009 05:50 PM
Having Problem with password for all the members! محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-16-2009 11:50 PM

الساعة الآن 09:51 AM