إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 12-09-2012, 02:50 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,613
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Like a number of people I've had a nightmare of a time with vBulletin 5. The software installs fine, but just won't work at all. Cannot login, the little window opens up and shows a server 404 error. Clicking on Blogs or Groups takes me to a page not found, or worse a message stating that a server misconfiguration error has occurred.

My host is 1and1 and they generally have a very flexible arrangement with regards to what can be done via .htaccess and php.ini but VB 5 just doesn't want to play at all. I'm currently running IPB 3.4 with rewrite_mod and it functions fine, but as the New Year approaches I wanted a change and VB 5 seemed to fit the bill.

Whilst I understand that the software is still in beta, I don't think it's too much to ask that it works out of the box (bugs notwithstanding) on just about any server that fulfils the basic requirements. Asking customers to jump through hoops and delve into technical areas for which they probably have no experience with is taking the biscuit. If customers follow the installation procedures as directed and their servers (shared or otherwise) meet the basic requirements, then the software should, at least, function as described. I've looked at other threads on here that complain about the same errors and have followed the suggestions made to no avail.

I've been running forums for over 15 years and I've used just about every incarnation from PHPBB, SMF, vBulletin, Invision and whole bunch more and I've NEVER faced the problems I'm facing with VB 5. After shelling out $209 to upgrade my VB4 (which worked perfectly well) I find myself with a load of files that are, in effect, useless to me.

My 1and1 shared hosting uses PHP 5.4, allows rewrite_mod (otherwise IPB wouldn't work) and uses MYSQL 5 (1GB databases of which I have access to 100). All of the installation procedures were followed to the letter, all of the files were uploaded in the various formats as required, the installation program ran without errors or problems and the 'home page' appeared, but that's it. Nothing else works. I can get to the admin panel via the core, but any changes made results in errors messages firing all over the place.

One thing I did notice on the occasion I managed to access the admin panel was that the site url (entered into the config file as http://www.just4joe.com) appeared as http://www.just4joe.com/core - removing 'core' from the address line resulted in broken css and images in the CP.

The one thing that the developers of the software need to understand is that most of VB's clients are not programmers, coders or have access to the PHP files on the server to make changes - even if they did they most likely would be fearful of tampering with something they are not familiar with.

What tempted me back to VB was the emphasis on simplicity, unfortunately that boast has failed miserably. I'm looking at another hosting company and I am sending them loads of information to see if their servers will meet the unbelievably stringent requirements of VB 5. If the answer is no and VB cannot make the software work out of the box then I will be looking for a refund.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
CMS RSS Errors محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-10-2010 02:00 AM
Forum Post-upgrade function.array_merge errors - plus other display errors محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-30-2010 06:41 AM
170 DB errors in one day.. محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 10-07-2009 10:10 AM
Comment counter errors & last comments errors محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 06-03-2009 08:30 AM
Errors? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 05-05-2009 09:00 PM

الساعة الآن 11:31 AM