إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: برامج الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: نصائح اختيار شركة لإدارة حسابات وإعلانات السوشيال ميديا (آخر رد :حسن سليمة)       :: المحامية رباب المعبي : حكم لصالح موكلنا بأحقيتة للمبالغ محل الدعوى (آخر رد :حوااااء)       :: برامج الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: تفسير الحلم بمعدات الصيد (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم انجاب ولد للمتزوجه (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم رؤية المطر (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم حادث دهس (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رؤيا اكل الحلوى في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم الخنفساء السوداء في المنزل (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 07-16-2012, 08:30 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,612
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

In a brief introduction of Dr. Ali Alekri to the members and visitors of BahrainOnline forums, Dr Ali needs no introduction for we believe that you can not truly know a person in prosperity but to really know what they're made of is when in need and intensity. We've known Dr Ali and the rest of the honorable medical staff from the patriotic stance consisting in defending the oppressed by committing to the medical oath and not yielding to the pressure of those preventing them from performing their duty, but have chosen the path that was filled with thorns and risks, refusing not to be part of the legendary uprising against tyranny, despite being arrested, tortured and abused, the endless harassment and insults.

We would like to start by thanking and welcoming Dr Ali for giving us the opportunity of getting to know him a bit better through this interview, and before we begin, we would like to extend our sincere thanking to those who participated in drafting this interview from followers and members:

BahrainOnline forum members: (eltankar,Abdullah A,Motasha3er,مسعى, يسقط حمد, Anarchist, الأرض الحمراء,حلم الأنبياء, الصبح قريب, حزب العمال, الحقمعنا)

Twitter followers: (@sarajhoncris, @alaashehabi,@AgainstSlaveryl, @Ba9aga, @nalsowaidi, @emoodz, @leahmcelrath, @safybh,@Anarchist74, @Bahrainycitizen, @Moawen, @Eagertobefree, @yshehabi, @bh_ammar,@bahrainmomo)

Because of the diversity of the questions, we decided to reformat the questions as evenly as possible and wish to successfully deliver the idea in a clear, sequential matter. Some might see the questions somewhat sharp, however the objective of posting them is to identify the good nature of this interview and the Dr's freedom of answering them.

Original post in Arabic can be found at: http://bahrainonline.crabdance.com/s...d.php?t=415596

(1) Dr. Ali Al-Akri is a bachlor student in human medicine (So we were told by one of the member, and headed the Bahrain student union in Iraq):

(a) Since you were the president of the Bahraini student union in Iraq, can you give us a brief about the union and how it was started?

The student union of the Bahraini students in Mosul is one of the branches of the student unions opposing to the regime back in Bahrain abroad, and had existed since the seventies, I presided the Union when I was in my fourth year of medicine, and continued as President for 3 years, till we had to close the branch where the number of students decreased to below the quorum. The Union was the incubator for students abroad, and was taking care of the concerns and problems that students faced, besides being responsible to spread the heritage and culture of our Bahrain.

(b) Talking about a Student union in a dictatorial state like Bahrain, that does not allow student movements in any form. What were the obstacles that faced the Union by then?

Despite the brutality of the Baathist regime, they embraced all the movements and student groups and allowed it to exercise its activities freely, the Bahraini regime kept track of the Bahraini students that were active and exercised with them various methods of terror and harassment just to stop them from thinking about democracy and freedom of expression. As for me personally, I never had any encounter with the regime at that time.

(c) What were your hopes in that period of your life on the medical, social and political level? and how were you able achieve them?

Despite my interest and activity in the union and student activities in the days, my biggest interest was in the educational attainment and medicine. My ambition to return back to my country and become a great orthopedic surgeon. On the social level, my ambition was to engage in charitable projects and in the affairs of my village, and we successfully established a common health institutions in the village and started educational activities, educational and inspection courses some what. As for the political, there was so little interest, except the dream of democracy, equal opportunities and fair competition.

(2) Your witness of the nineties movement era:

(a) The political movement in the nineties demanded the reinstatement of the 1973 constitution and the parliamentary life, Where did you stand on the movement back then?

I was fully aware and up to date with the course of the movement during the nineties due to its connection with my family and the impact it had on my late uncle Shk. Mohammed Alekri sons from arrest, maltreatment and imprisonment.

Back then the movement was confined in a particular group that did not include the of professional human right wide sector as it was with the 14th of February movement.

Back then the movement didn't receive the time and interest or the regional and global coverage that the 14th of February movement received.

(b) The beginning of your career in the medical field was in the same period the tense security situation escalated throughout the eighties to the nineties, how did that effect your work as a doctor in that period? And did working in the medical field suffer from sectarianism and discrimination in that period?

In reality, the political movement back then did not have a tangible effect on the health sector from my perspective, and I think the reason was due to confinement of the political movement to certain groups, and because the medical staff were superior to engage in the sectarian equations and was inspired and seeking to build a specialized medical staff without considering sectarian affiliations and necessity to keep them away from politics.

(c) How did the regime deal with the injured demonstrators in the nineties era? And did they deprive them from treatment as they are doing now?

I think the wounded and injured during the nineties events till the beginning of the millennium were suspicious and tipped from visiting hospitals, unless in severe cases, fearing investigation and arrest by the regime, wounded and torture victims did seek personal treatment in which they ensured trust and confidentiality. And i do not know of any colleagues that were harassed or threatened for providing medical assistance when in need.

(d) How did the regime handle those who treated the patients? Has there been any disciplinary actions taken against the doctors?

None of my colleagues were investigated to my knowledge at that time.

(3) The Post-National Action Charter ear:

(a) The post-National Charter period with surveying the views of many people about the charter, from supporters and opposers or blamer, it gave the people and the political societies a margin of freedom that did not exist in previously. Everyone was optimistic about the changes, a new platform of hope and excellency presented itself, how did that impact you as medical staff withing the small margin of freedom?

With the beginning of the so-called reformist project and after the referendum on the National Action Charter (Which i did not vote for due to me being abroad doing my medical specialization) The atmosphere was filled with anticipation and caution, and i have not seen any real changes in the political situation and in the decision-making process, and it was clearly a media stunt which soon faded with all the hopes and promises and became clear to all. As for the medical front, there was nothing worth mentioning.

(b) What was the career development of Bahraini medical staff in government hospitals?

Career development was very natural, opportunities were available to everyone, but in some cases where there have been favoritism to doctors, but we were ready and on the lookout for such matters. It was no secret that in the medical field, tampering with results and favoritism or personal interests was not allowed and froundupon, furthest to allow some who were prepared for this role of leadership positions in the ministry and those with an agenda, things became clear and they were intended to exclude a certain sector from reaching those positions or even to control some sections.

(c) It's not a secret that, that period was not free from oppression and abuse, especially after 2004, how did the regime deal with the political demonstrators who may been in need for medical care in the hospital or off the official records and the medical staff who treated them?

There was nothing obvious about hunting down the wounded and torture victims by the regime, where such cases were not transfered to SMC "Salmaniya Medical Center" but to the "Fort" or the BDF "Bahrain Defence Force Royal Medical Services"

(4) Dr Ali Alekri and the medical staff, after the awakening of the Arab spring which the nations martyr Mohamed Bouazizi sparked and the beginning of the 14 February movement:

(a) While the villages and cities associated to the opposition were under siege by the MOI "Ministry of Interior" vehicles and the young people influenced by what happened in Tunisia and was happening in Egypt, and them calling for a revolution against the dictatorship in Bahrain, how did Dr. Ali Aekri receive these calls under such circumstances? and what was your peers point of view?

With the kick start of the Arab spring revolutions in Tunisia and the rapid interaction with the Arab people and then with the speed of falling of one of the largest repressive regimes and escape of their dictator Bn Ali, and with the signs and indicators of a wide movement breaking out in protest on February the 14th, each of these indicators has raised questions. Are we really heading towards an appeal and real changes? On the morning of February 14th, as i was on my patient rotation, I was speaking with a colleague who delivered me the news of the first march in Nuwaidrat village. I knew then that change is coming definitely.

(b) After the occurrence of the first demonstration in the revolution, when did the medical staff made their decision, or at least Dr. Ali Aekri about the necessity of participating in providing health services for the demonstrators, so to speak. And why was that decision? Especially as you mentioned in your response to the questions regarding what you expected earlier regarding being targeted by the regime because of your participation in providing health services to the demonstrators, why was that risky decision made?

With the fall of the first martyrs in the revolution, the son of my area Ali Mushaima, I knew that the revolution is inevitably happening. With the arrival of the first regiments of demonstrators to the Lulu roundabout and the start of setting up the tents, it was the signs of determination to stay, thats when i first met with some of my colleagues from the 15 volunteer doctors on the evening of the 15th of February, thats when i was determination in their eyes and the resolve of setting up a field clinic in the vicinity of the lulu monument. We held a meeting in an empty tent and examined the possibility of preparing the clinic and assuring the rotations and continued enthusiasm and dedication. There were some colleagues from doctors and nurses who did not leave the clinic expect for sometime or in their working hours at the hospital. Volunteering was spontaneous and the insistence on providing treatment and ensuring the safety of the protesters in the roundabout was not a source of fear or concern to be targeted because it was and still is a noble duty that we are proud of.

(c) You mentioned in your response to a question by one of our twitter followers about the similarities between the cases caused by the war in Gaza by the the Zionist regime and the ones caused by the Bahraini regime, and that there is a difference between the situations of war and protest injuries, and that you never seen a scene like of Ahmad Farhan's and Isa Abdulhussain. Can you explain your point regarding that?

The scenes are different, In Gaza, its a battlefield between regular army and the armed militias. There were armed clashes and shelling and operations etc.. Therefore the injuries in their different forms and severity were expected. But in Bahrain, it didn't exceed the peaceful demonstrations in demand of their rights which was confronted with unexpected armed forces and violence to both the demonstrators and those sleeping at the lulu on the dawn of the 17th. And for it to continue the bloody black morning and we receive the bodies of martyrs such as Isa Abdulhussain, Abu Taki or Khuthair, that certainly send a message of several implications. Simply that the national citizen human-being blood is cheap in their opinion, and the fact that i never seen such injuries like the open head of Ahmed Farhan or Isa Abdulhussain amongst what i dealt with in Gaza!

(d) In your answer to the inquiry by Mohammed Almaskati when he asked about how true is it that the Minister of Health had order to stop sending ambulances after the evacuation of the roundabout on the bloody Thursday, and you answered that "the truth is that the arrival of wounded and the injured stopped all of a sudden at 6:30am, and the casualties started arriving in civilian cars without a professional aid, and they were ordered to park in Kano center nearby the hospital at a time where calls for help were showering the emergency. Who is responsible in this case? How do you feel as a proud person that belongs to this land, knowing that a similar practice may have occurred in Egypt as a method of repression against demonstrators as it was happening in Bahrain after the visit of the ruler of Bahrain to the Field Marshal Tantawi in Egypt?

It is obvious and without doubt that the Minister and his executive body are responsible. Such decision is a clear violation of medical neutrality and a heinous crime against humanity and should be held accountable and trialled for it. And the occurrence of a similar crime in Egypt is not surprising, This is how the regimes in the Arab countries view their people.

(e) How did the approach of the new generation impact the political movement post the 14th of February, and staging of the sit-in for the first time at the Lulu roundabout and then taking it back the second time on Dr Ali Alekri?

The vision, aspirations and ambitions of the new generation are certainly different from its predecessors. I did not expect the generation of 14 Feb to be on that level of determination and persistence and willingness to sacrifice to achieve the aspirations of democracy and a different life when other generations accepted, Or may i say, when other generations failed to achieve... Truly this generation is a rising inspiration.

(f) One of the most beautiful moments we all remember, when you took the stage in the martyrs square and sang "My country, My country,My country, All my love and heart is for you" Where you at that moment expressed the beautiful feeling of you as an individual being part of this land. Did you feel this way before the 14th of February, and is this feeling, if present in the future enough to elevate the medical services to a higher level?

In all honestly, it was a feel i can't describe and i've never experienced it before. At that times and with the start of the revolution and the atmosphere lived in the roundabout and the dreams and hopes for a better tomorrow... I was inhaling and breathing freedom and the sense of nationalism and the feeling of belonging to a land. It was a beautiful feeling, it will remain, and we will achieve victory with kindness of Almighty and God willing.

(5) Dr. Ali Al-Ekri after "Peninsula Shield" forces invasion and getting arrested, tortured and then trialed at courts

(a) You have said in a brief responses earlier that you did not regret doing your duty as a professional, and you will not hesitate to do it again, and that during the torture sessions you've went through, you wondered if this is your reward for doing your duty and protesting against the Minister decisions and demanding his removal. Do we understand from that, that you do not believe that torture is a tool that can discourage people and the leadership behind bars from stead-fasting, and is a tool that will not make them back off from their demands and principles?

Absolutely, you can not drift away or undermine ones determination when he has faith in a Nobel cause and its fairness by any tool or method, no matter how intensified it gets. A proof of that is the huge sacrifices that were made, Isn't that enough proof of how useless is repression and the security solution..

(b) What is the extent of damage or implications that your patients are suffering from in SMC after you've been subjected to arrest and then exempted from your duties?

There is no doubt that a big sum of the medical services have been affected, and it will have its impact for many years to come, the exclusion of medical specializations and qualifications on such scale deprived many patients in need, let alone the health services and hospitals, away from the medical neutrality, with what the medical crew suffered from discrimination and the militarization.

(c) In your response to Asma Darwish about improvement or worsened situation since 2011 till now, you've said that it improved in terms of having clear objectives for the revolution and its view, but it became worse in terms of freedom and the security situation. In your opinion, how did the objectives of the revolution become clearer? and do you mean the Manama charter or the Lulu charter or something else? And how do you see the situation in the coming year?

The situation has improved in my opinion, because after all what happened since the beginning of the revolution from its serenity and peacefulness and what followed from response by the oppressive regime, accompanied by the combined reactions from the different spectra of society with their different backgrounds which have showed and didn't leave room for doubt about their true intentions. All this gave the revolution its credibility and legitimacy in its demands and made it clearer than ever. As for the situation in the coming year, the situation depends on the unity of the purpose, the people, and the word. And not allowing the division of the front rows or to let despair reach us in anyway, and most importantly to maintain the peacefulness of the revolution and refuse to get dragged into violence no matter how great the sacrifices.

(d) In your response to @leahmcelrath about the psychological state that seized doctors due to the torture, you said that they had been subjected to the feeling of being targeted and disturbing nightmares and lack of job stability as they were able to address these issue. However, they are facing all this through the social solidarity of friends and parents.

What is the first defense line in your opinion to push such risk from any doctor that intends to do his duty as you did, and do you think a law to prevent the targeting of doctors would be enough?

I would imagine that the first guarantee that no medical staff would go through what we did is guaranteeing that all the crews continue with their counterparts in a global quest to enact legislation, regulations and binding laws ratified by the international community to provide immunity for medical staff. And this may not work with some repressive regimes, but will make them think twice beforehand on taking such action.

(e) You are accused of allowing the occupation of the hospital by the demonstrators or at least not preventing them from doing so in the hospital. What happened in February last year is not something new, the student demonstrations in 2002 ended with the students taking shelter in the medical campus which was desecrated by the security forces breaking in, where some doctors went out in protest against this act, What do you have to say about that?

There was no aspects of occupation at all, but it was a lie promoted by the regime to give them legitimacy and an excuse to hit the hospital and prevent the asylum of the demonstrators from the roundabout and the families of the wounded to reach, just like in the first strike on the roundabout.

(f) Have you reached to a stage where you blame the youth of the revolution for escalating against the regime and marching to the royal court and then friday march in coffins, and do you criticize the declaration for the alliance of the Republic by the two professors Abdulwahab Hussain and Hassan Mushaima and the deterioration of the security situation in the country and arrival of the Peninsula Shield forces? And what are your views towards the rest of the political movements?

Surely these questions have big political dimensions, but away from profession and as a citizen and from a perspective of my own rights... I believe that everyone has the right as an individual to express his views provided that its done peacefully does not incitement violence.

(g) You mentioned in your response to one of the tweeps that SMC is now equipped with the tools required for treatment, but lacks the quality and trust of the patients. How did that change in your opinion? And to express the medical services previously, it was circulating among the people that who ever enters the hospital will go missing, and those get out are newly born, and the lack of confidence in the performance of many doctors, where a considerable number patients prefer treatment abroad for the lack of confidence in the ability of SMC doctors.

I think by insisting on receiving treatment and taking advantage of the free medical services, we will help in strengthening the medical neutrality and we will be able to restore the lost trust in health services, especially with the return of most of the exempted medical staff

(h) How did the current situation impact those who want to enter the medical profession or the medical field in Bahrain, and do you recommend those who are interested in doing so, to do it abroad till the situation is calmer?

In no way they should be influenced by what happened to the medical staff in making the decision of study medicine or nursing or none of them. Because that is exactly what those who hate any good and holds a grudge seeks, to put an end to any progress and spread ignorance and fear in this nations ambitious and generous youths. And i would not recommend any of the colleagues to leave the country and work abroad, unless for studying and specializing, This is our homeland and we are entitled to build it and develop it

(i) Some admonishes the honorable medical crew for not attending the trial of the remaining three staff in prison.

We are in touch with the families of the absent crew members in prison and did not forget them or stop our pursuit in setting them free with the help of the global human rights establishments, and attending the trials is not possible unless we were relatives, most importantly is the pursuit for their rights and stand against the injustice they're facing.

(j) What do you intend to do to those who are still behind bars, as they are your colleagues, even if the regime separated between your cases and their?

We were and we are still demanding their freedom, and we will keep communicating with the international community and human rights to achieve it

(k) What's your opinion in the verdicts made ​​against the medical staff? Do you see that those rulings will be implemented or will they be dropped?

The ruling was malicious and false and clearly politicized, not based on any strong convincing evidence. After they dropped all the fabricated charges about the weapons, occupation, theft, kidnapping and discrimination between patients, how is it possible to to convince the idiots who believed the lies with the contrary? Therefore they had to come up with another few charges to complete the whole scenario. The appeal court will need to wait for the local and international mood to change

*General questions to the Dr:

1- In the case of fainting a pregnant woman at the rally, what is the quickest way to aid her while ensuring the safety of the fetus?

A- Initially, i do not think a pregnant woman should take part in rallies, particularly for the possibility of clashes and such. But in case of fainting, it should be treated and dealt with as any fainting case.

2- How will democracy impact the medical field?

A- The medical field is not immune from administrative, financial and political corruption. If the community got the democracy they seek, the reform in the medical field will be with the reform of those who support it those who are in charge of making the decisions.

3 - Whats the message that you want to send out to the steadfast people of Bahrain?

A - If the people ever wanted to live *** Fate must respond in return

4 - You mentioned that you do not rule out the possibility that of doctors and professors getting involved in politics and human rights field. If you had the choice, which field would you pick?

A - We as professionals in the medical field are closer to the humanitarian field from the political, But ...

We would like to thank Dr Ali for his time and efforts and wish his all the best in his future and career.
الصور المرفقة
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Q+A transcript of Paul Holmes interview with Robert Fisk - ONE News محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 03-18-2012 05:51 AM
Q+A transcript of Paul Holmes interview with Robert Fisk - ONE News محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 03-18-2012 05:30 AM
Q+A transcript of Paul Holmes interview with Robert Fisk - ONE News محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 03-18-2012 05:11 AM
Q+A transcript of Paul Holmes interview with Robert Fisk - ONE News محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 03-18-2012 04:50 AM
Full Transcript: Interview With President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 09-21-2011 03:30 PM

الساعة الآن 09:43 AM