إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: مامعنى الزواج في الحلم؟ (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تصميم فيديو موشن جرافيك: القوة البصرية للتسويق الابداعي (آخر رد :مصطفيي)       :: تفسير رؤيا لدغة العقرب في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: شركات عزل فوم: الحل الفعّال للحفاظ على الحرارة والطاقة" (آخر رد :mohammedrostora587a0)       :: تفسير حلم تساقط الأسنان (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رموز الحيوانات في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم كلاب تهاجمني (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم اخو الزوج يقبلني (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم اخو الزوج يقبلني (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رؤية الولد الجميل في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 12-24-2011, 12:40 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,612
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

23-12-11 10:26 PM

Bahraini protesters gather at Pearl Roundabout on February 19 / AP

An English instructor living in Manama saw a would-be revolution brutally repressed outside his window, so he tried to document it on video, and that's when his troubles started

Note: These are short excerpt from the story, read it in full here

We moved to another part of the car park, where I filmed the protesters hurrying away to their cars from the roundabout toward the direction of Dana Mall. The police were chasing them and still firing teargas. A few defiant protesters tried to stand their ground but were overcome by the fumes and eventually retreated. Soon the fumes wafted up to our position and our eyes began to sting, forcing us to return to our apartment. It was my first ever contact with tear gas and I don't recommend it. Closing and rubbing your eyes has no effect; the only thing to do is seek refuge.

Back in our apartment, as I uploaded the video footage to YouTube, I had to wonder, Why did I do this? Only later did I realize the reason: I was mightily pissed off. I had not expected such actions from a Bahraini government that I had been led to believe was focused on progress, with a vision for the future. The tactics I saw were as is from the communist Europe I had heard about as a kid. It confirmed what I briefly saw on Valentine's Day: that the security forces looked upon the protesters as something that needed to be subdued as quickly as possible, with little regard for what it took.

"We know everything about you"

One of the men broke away from the police and ran. We watched, helpless, as a policeman raised his shotgun and calmly shot him in the back. The man disappeared behind a tree so we could not see what had happened to him. The whole exercise looked like it was simply an elaborate trap. Remove the army, allow the people back in, and then send in the police to cut them down. Still recording, I began planning to show the world what I had seen, when a man who I had never seen before came up to me and asked me to stop filming. He was well-dressed and held a walkie-talkie. Angered by what I had seen and upset at being told what to do, I told the man that I had ever right to keep filming, using quite a few words beginning with "f". He appeared shocked by my outburst (as was my wife) and immediately spoke Arabic into his walkie-talkie and hurried away. I took that as my cue to leave and, after a quick look at the roundabout (the police were now leaving, being taunted by the protesters as they did so) we went to the relative safety of our apartment.

My students had warned me about the dangers of being arrested in Bahrain. The police here, they told me, are not like the police in Australia. Now, some even advised me to leave our apartment. But we stayed and, soon, heard men's voices outside our door followed by a loud knock. Unsure how they had figured out who we were and located us so quickly, I refused to answer the door. I had done nothing wrong (except some swearing) and they could knock all day for all I cared. Eventually it stopped and the voices left our floor. My wife and I were whispering about what we should do when my landlord called. She told me that I was in big trouble and I needed to go and see the security men immediately. She warned, ominously, that Bahraini prisons were not nice places to be.

My wife and I found the walkie-talkie man in the parking garage talking to two other men. I immediately apologized for my outburst earlier, when the largest of the men introduced himself as the "security manager for the apartment complex." I had never seen any of the three men in the 14 months that I had been living there. The security manager told me that I had put him in a very difficult position by filming the protests because he was under orders from the Bahrain Ministry of Interior (responsible for law enforcement and public safety) not to allow any resident from the apartments to document anything taking place around us. He said that if it was discovered that a lot of filming had taken place he had the right to go through every apartment searching for cameras and inspecting computers -- and he did not want to do that. He said the best thing I could do was to delete all the film I had taken. I told him that I had already uploaded it all to YouTube; the walkie-talkie man said, "Oh no."

The security manager said I needed to assure him that I would stop videotaping. "We know you work for the Polytechnic as an English teacher, we know your CPR [Civil Personal Record] number, we know that is your car over there, we know everything about you," he said. I knew he was trying to intimidate me; most of this information would have been given to him by my landlady and the guy who operates the boom gate on the car park. But I had no wish to make things any worse and so I agreed to delete my videos and not to take any more.

Looking back, I am now convinced that the three men I spoke to were all connected to the Ministry of Interior. I only ever saw the third member of the trio again after this day. I am sure that my filming was either noticed by the Ministry staff or was referred to them and the men were sent to the apartment towers to put a stop to it.

The walkie-talkie man, at his insistence, accompanied me and my wife back to our apartment and watched as I sat at the dining table and deleted all the video I had downloaded onto my computer and then did the same in front of him with my camcorder. He asked if I had any other film stored anywhere else, to which I said "no" and then I offered to give him my camcorder to prove I would stop filming. He took it and said I could collect it from him, probably in a few weeks. He was polite the whole time and my wife indeed was able to get our camcorder back.

Read the full story here

Source...
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Witness to an Uprising: Caught Up in a Dividing Bahrain - Atlantic Onl محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-19-2011 07:50 PM
Witness to an Uprising: Caught Up in a Dividing Bahrain - The Atlantic محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-19-2011 07:50 PM
Witness to an Uprising: Caught Up in Bahrain's Crackdown - Atlantic On محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-15-2011 08:00 PM
Witness to an Uprising: What I Saw in Bahrain - Atlantic Online محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-14-2011 08:30 PM
Witness to an Uprising: What I Saw in Bahrain - The Atlantic محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-14-2011 08:30 PM

الساعة الآن 09:37 PM