إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: تفسير الاحلام الذهب (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رؤية صعود الدرج في المنام للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: كيف تفسر حلم الرجل المتزوج بالاستعداد للزواج؟ (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رؤية الثعبان الكوبرا في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: قهوجي جده صبابين قهوه قهوجيين 0539307706 (آخر رد :ksa ads)       :: تفسير أحلام المطر عند ابن شيرين في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تداول الأسهم (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: أهمية التداول والأسهم: (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: ولي العهد في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير الأحلام حول النار في المنزل (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 06-19-2010, 03:21 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,612
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Hi,

Long story, so bear with me please.

A friend of mine decided he wanted to have a small forum for a few of us internet friends to hang out on. He found someone savvy with that sort of stuff, bought aVBulletin license, and we got up and running. This has been a few years now, and we've had to find new webmasters to do mods and such for various eithical reasons, causing the forum to go through several webmasters.

Problem is, we're losing this last one too. I was asked by my friend if I wanted to take a crack at it, because I ain't completely computer stupid. I know a little more about things then he does. But, I've tried getting the password from the guy who has that info, and he don't really want to give it up. After almost 6 months, I finally got the password info, I think. No url to where the files are loaded on his server, so I can familiarize myself with things, make sure I'm set as a Super Admin in the configurations files etc. So I haven't been able to test the passwords he's given me yet.

As for the CPanel login that pops up when you want to update the site, add patches and such from the members area, the password info doesn't work. I was told by the current webmaster, that since my friend just renewed his license, that he has new login info, and to get it from him.

Thing is, my friend had to change ISP's due to problems, and now he appears to be having a problem re-obtaining the password info from VBulletin. He's corresponded with them, but they don't seem to get it. Can anyone here help us out? I have been added as the recipient for all the update emails and such.

My more specific problem would be, when we DO eventually obtain access to our file system and all that, what process must I do, to direct this forum to a new server? We just want more then one person to have the access info, in case the webmaster decideds to take more vacations and we need updates, so we've been threatened with getting the boot from the server for asking. So we'll just move everything again, and I'll attempt to run it.

I imagine a big part of my lack of knowledge as to what I need to do stems from the fact that I just can't access anything yet. I'm only getting familiar with the Admin panel the last few weeks. But if there are specifics I need to know to get it all moved and up and running, I'd sure appreciate someone filling me in.

Yes, it's as big of a headache as it sounds. I don't really like it dropped in my lap either, but if I can help out my friend, I'd be happy to.

Thanks in advance.
Rick
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة