إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: مزايا تخزين الاثاث بالخبر (آخر رد :رودى طه)       :: ارخص شركة تخزين اثاث بالقطيف (آخر رد :رودى طه)       :: طرق تخزين العفش بالاحساء (آخر رد :رودى طه)       :: تعليم التجويد (آخر رد :اسماعيل رضا)       :: برامج الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: نصائح اختيار شركة لإدارة حسابات وإعلانات السوشيال ميديا (آخر رد :حسن سليمة)       :: المحامية رباب المعبي : حكم لصالح موكلنا بأحقيتة للمبالغ محل الدعوى (آخر رد :حوااااء)       :: برامج الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: تفسير الحلم بمعدات الصيد (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم انجاب ولد للمتزوجه (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 05-07-2010, 09:50 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,612
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

After the full upgrade to from 3.8. to 4.0.3, once the program went to Admin CP, I ran the various routines as advised in the admin cp welcome page.

One of the last prompts for action in the admin cp welcome page is
Quote:
Because of the size of your post table, new post and thread indexes were not added during the upgrade because this could take considerable time. Instead, a script has been provided to add these indexes seperately at /install/upgrade_400a1_indexes.php. Instructions for how to use the script can be found in that file.

While these indexes are not required to operate vBulletin, they should improve performance for large boards. Adding them is highly recommended.

My thought was to run these overnight, but per the note above I accessed /install/upgrade_400a1_indexes.php to read the instructions ahead of time. However, it appears to have launched the script. I closed the browser window very quickly, but for all I know the script is still running. My forum has 1.37 million posts and 93m threads.

My questions -
- What happened to the instructions I was to read? As it is a .php file I wondered about that, but per the admin cp note I did expect it would first show instructions, then an option to launch the script or not.
- Since I went to the .php file, does that mean the script is running / has run?

- Wouldn't it be better if the forum was turned off while the script is running, or does it matter?

And very important ...
- Even if the script ran inadvertently, should I run it again with the forum off? Will that create duplicate index fields, or will it just update what was already done?

One more ...
Will running this script noticeably and/or significantly improve the forum's response time and load time?
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة