إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: القدم في المنام للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم سقوط سن واحد سفلي في اليد (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسيرحلم الزواج للمتزوجة (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم دورة المياه للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: السياحة في مصر للعوائل (آخر رد :emad100)       :: رؤية طائرة في السماء في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رحلة انقاص وزنك تبدأ مع الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: شركة سنت الفندقية (آخر رد :ريم جاسم)       :: الحمل في المنام للمطلقة (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم منزل جديد (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 02-18-2010, 10:20 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Ok everyone, so after sitting on the fence after hearing all the doom and gloom about the upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2. I decided to move forward with an upgrade. Everything seems to have gone well, CMS and articles are all visible. Thread with attachment deletion problem seems fixed in 4.0.2.

I should also mention that I'm on HostGator and I did NOT have the 64M limit problem others have reported where their upgrade script error'ed out. Did not run into any template reversion problems either. I only had one template customized (header) and I reverted it back prior to upgrading.

Here are the steps I followed

1) Backed up everything (attachments dir, wwwdir, database)

2) Turned off forums
3) Disabled all plugins except blog and CMS which I left active. I disabled in "Manage Products" AND unchecked in "Plugin Manager".
4) created a NEW database in Hostgator and imported the backup I had just created (same user/pass as old db)
5) created a new directory in public_html on HG and copied my original www dir into it (using "cp -R -p" to preserve permissions).
6) Edited my config.php to point to the new database.
7) Went into site options and updated my site URLs to point to the new www directory.
8) Copied 4.0.2 files into my new www directory.
9) Ran upgrade script
10) Logged back into admincp (remember, use the NEW URL).
11) Ran repair on CMS nodes/
12) Went into maintenance / update counters and updated everything.
13) Removed install.php
14) Looked at CMS and Forums to make sure everything was there.
15) Re-enabled all my plugins in both "Manage Products" and "Plugin Manager".
16) Took another look around to make sure everything was working.
17) Once I knew everything was OK, I deleted the forum directory in my OLD wwwdir and moved the newly created one to the original's location. On HG each add-on domain has it's own sub-directory on your account, so for example, I had "public_html/myforumsdomain.com/forums" as my original, and I just had created a second one called "public_html/myforumsdomain.com2/forums". So I deleted "public_html/myforumsdomain.com/forums" then did a "mv public_html/myforumsdomain.com2/forums public_html/myforumsdomain.com/."
18) Turned forums back on.

I like this method because at the end of the process, my original database is still there (unused now of course) but I can delete it later on and my original forums directory goes untouched until I verify the upgrade went smoothly.

So far so good.

Regards,

ErnestA
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع