إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: مباشرين قهوة وشاي رجال ونساء في جدة 0552137702 (آخر رد :ksa ads)       :: تفسير رؤية موت الأب والبكاء عليه في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رؤية الشيعة في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تجاربكم كيف عرفتي عندك تسمم حمل (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم الشجرة للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم حكم القصاص ولم ينفذ (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: برامج الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: رؤية السمك في المنام للمتزوجة (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: حلمت ان امي تزوجت وهي أرملة (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم بالرمان (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 02-14-2010, 03:20 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

I have two forums. One of the is locked down for now, the other quite active.

I want to upgrade the active forum, not sure what I will do with the closed one but I will get to that later.

Before I get to my active forum I do have a general question.

I have not seen a forum like this (but I don't visit many since I have my own forum) that is structured like multiple forums. Lets see if I can describe what I am talking about.

You go into the main forum and has the typical divisions like what I think of as a typical forum. You click on one of the forums and some of them take you in what appears to be a whole new forum. This forum within a forum would like a whole independent forum and could be such that those that are only interested in that topic might go there directly and skip the main page entirely. I guess a structure with a generalists area then each forum underneath to take you to a full blown forum within a forum. Can I do this with VB?

Ok..on to my active forum. My active forum has almost 18k members and is about 3 years old. It is SMF.
I am not an IT person and run things by the seat of my pants and do not know what I am doing. The way it is set up on my server I understand is pretty bad. I had hired it done originally and three sites are under one domain and the sites are as subdomains. I don't always know what belongs to who. I have folders for my store and for the forum all lumped together it looks like. I would like to seperate them properly on the server and I think the upgrade to VB is a good time to do that.

I did buy a copy of VB but never downloaded it maybe a couple of years ago. Can I just upgrade that and use it or do I need to buy new again?

I am terrified of getting started on this. I know I am going to mess something up moving from SMF to VB.

The closed forum is one I purchased from someone that was not using it. It is a VB forum, it is soo full of spam is is sickening. I shut it down and it has set idle for a couple of years. I know I need to update that thing and get the thousands upon thousands of spam posts out of there if I want to use that forum again.

I figure setting up my upgrade will allow me to better know how VB works and is structured but I know I am going to have major troubles.

Wow....this is about the most non-sensical post ever.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة