إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: برامج الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: تبي متابعين تيك توك مجاناً؟ (آخر رد :ريم جاسم)       :: قهوجي جدة صبابين قهوه مباشرات ضيافه 0539307706 (آخر رد :ksa ads)       :: وانيت نقل عفش بالرياض 0539735360 ونيت توصيل اثاث مشاوير (آخر رد :ksa ads)       :: متجر Google Play: (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: فوائد تحميل التطبيقات: (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: تحميل التطبيقات ومصادرها: دليل شامل (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض (آخر رد :gmalnagy)       :: تحميل التطبيقات ومصادرها: دليل شامل (آخر رد :محمد العوضي)       :: رحلة انقاص وزنك تبدأ مع الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 12-27-2009, 11:30 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,610
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Like most people here I have a fairly active forum running and am looking forward to moving to the new version. And like everyone here I want to do this with as little fuss as possible. This is my vague plan for upgrading but I'm not sure if it'll work that well* can you all please pick any holes you can in it?

Background
  • My forum has a small group of premium members who pay for extra privileges* one of which is the right to view (ie test) any changes if possible
  • Most of these members have minimal experience and understanding* while a couple are actually professional testers
  • All my members are incredibly understanding* so I would be happy to start again and add in plugins and fix the design as we go along
Setup
  • Close the site for the duration of the test site setup
  • Ensure my current site is upgraded to latest version of 3.8.x
  • Backup - database dump and copy of all the files in htdocs
  • Set up web space at my host for an alternative domain (ie my current site is www.abc.com* set up www.abc2.com which I also own but am not using)
  • Install VBulletin 4 in the new space
  • Option A
    • Point to the current site database (can I do this? how can I do this?)
    • Allow my testers to take a look at the site* all the posts they make would then also be on the old site
  • Option B
    • Import the database from the old site to the new
    • When I want to go live I would re import* losing everything that my testers have added
  • Option C
    • Just give my testers a raw site to play with
    • When I want to go live I would re import* losing everything that my testers have added
Go Live
  • For go live I would then repoint the DNS for the existing domain to the new test site* update the database and then be good to go
OK* what am I missing????
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Suite From 3.8 to test system to live suite. محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 07-01-2010 12:50 PM
Forum How do I upgrade to a Test site, configure styles etc, then upgrade live? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 05-01-2010 01:50 PM
Suite Upgrade Blogs 2.0.1 to 4.0.2 Suite = Suspect File Version Errors محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 02-28-2010 11:00 PM
Suite How do you test 3.8.4 forum info on 4.0 test db? محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-14-2010 04:50 AM
Suite Test Upgrade stalls at "upgrade_400a1.php?step=8 " محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-27-2009 04:50 AM

الساعة الآن 11:25 AM