إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 11-10-2009, 02:30 PM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

So I was poking around with the various 4.0 products and realized that profiles most certainly were not well thought out at all as they are painfully unintegrated* confusing and non-intuitive!

Don Karamura has articles posted* blogs posted* and forum activity. I understand the need for him to have separate tabs for each .. but why they have not been integrated into a single profile boggles my mind. Again like with the lack of forums for groups in 3.7 you're totally missing out on the potential power of vB!

A single user's profile pages for each vB 4.0 product MUST be integrated.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog....4-Don-Kuramura
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/membe...4-Don-Kuramura

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/list....4-Don-Kuramura

That last one doesn't even have a link to Don's main profile ?!?!?

Each user should have a single integrated profile with separate tabs for articles or blogs or forum stuffs or anything else IF they have content in one of those categories (right along with Visitor Messages* About Me* Friends AND Albums AND Groups (both should be a tab)). The link to the profile should be smart enough to know where the profile viewer is coming form. So for example if someone comes from one of Don's articles* they would get the article tab open. Or if they come from blogs* then they would get his blog tab.

At the absolute very least have them designed the same way (not have user info on opposite sides like forums vs blogs profiles) and have them linked together!

It just boggles my mind how Don's profile does not have "Find all Blogs" & "Find all Article" links right below "Find all Posts" ???

You even SHOW the number of blogs he has .. but don't link to them ???

I don't want to be pessimistic because at first glance 4.0 appears significantly better planned and thought out than 3.7 .. but missing this is a real shock to me. CMS and social networking basics dictate a good profile setup as members are at the core of everything and are potentially the biggest springboard to get forum users to venture to blogs and articles or vice/versa* and thus result in jumps in visitor pageviews.

Ideally profiles should go even further. Although I would hope what I mentioned above be obviously important enough to implement before Gold* here's what I think is essential by 4.1 at the absolute latest:

COLUMN #1:
Have one main left basic user information column that includes:
- User Name
- User Title
- Profile Picture
- Add as Friend
- Contact User
- Find all posts (# of posts in brackets)
- Find all started threads (# in brackets)
- Find all blogs (# in brackets)
- Find all articles (3 in brackets)

Then have separate boxes below for each of the following .. or if you think it's too much combine them all into one "Recent Postings" box:
- Recent Forum Threads
- Recent Forum Replies
- Recent Blogs
- Recent Comments to Blogs
- Recent Posted Articles
- Recent Comments to Articles
- Recent Visitors to This Profile

COLUMN #2:
Tabs to various categories including:
- *** User Feed ***
- User Info (About me)
- Visitor Messages
- Articles {only show if user has permission to post articles}
- Blogs
- Forum Activity
- Friends
- Albums
- Groups

- About Me* Visitor Messages* Groups* Albums and Friends would be similar to what they are now.
- Articles and Blogs would essentially show their Recent Articles and Blogs and have access to all of each (as the seperate profile pages I have linked are now). As well as a list of replies to other people's articles (or blogs).

- Forum Activity would show threads started and posts made in reply to other people's threads.

*** User Feed ***
Would be the default tab and essentially be a listing of the most recent things involving the member with links to each. Such as:

- Don posted Blog "vB 4.0 - How To #3"
- DJ RRebel wrote: Hi Don* I like the changes that were made to user profiles!
- Don replied to thread "What changes do you want for vB4.1"
- Don changed his location to "Far away from DJ RRebel"
- Don posted {section name} Article "vB 4.0 - Advanced Tips"
- Don posted {section name} Article "vB 4.0 - Getting Started"
- Don and DJ RRebel are now friends
- Don created thread "What changes do you want for vB4.1"
- Don posted Blog "vB 4.0 - How To #2"
- Don joined group "I Love vB"
- Don added images to {Album A}
- Don created {Album A}
- Don posted {section name} Article "vB 4.0 - What's New"
- Don posted Blog "vB 4.0 - How To #1"
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Multiple Licenses - Question RE SEO Friendly URLs محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-30-2010 09:40 AM
Forum user has confusing login محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 03-10-2010 10:04 AM
User Interface Username autosearch does not work in one of the confusing 'Advanced' Search screens محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 01-04-2010 05:00 PM
users spamming others profiles محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-27-2009 09:50 AM
Users Multiple Profiles Must Be Integrated! Currently very confusing and not user friendly. محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 11-10-2009 02:40 PM

الساعة الآن 09:50 AM