إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

:: تفسير حلم اني انخطبت وانا عزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: القدم في المنام للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم سقوط سن واحد سفلي في اليد (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسيرحلم الزواج للمتزوجة (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: تفسير حلم دورة المياه للعزباء (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: السياحة في مصر للعوائل (آخر رد :emad100)       :: رؤية طائرة في السماء في المنام (آخر رد :نوران نور)       :: رحلة انقاص وزنك تبدأ مع الرشاقة السعيدة (آخر رد :دارين الدوسري)       :: شركة سنت الفندقية (آخر رد :ريم جاسم)       :: الحمل في المنام للمطلقة (آخر رد :نوران نور)      

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 12-21-2012, 09:10 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

Thursday 20 December 2012 18.47 GMT
MP refuses to accept hamper from Bahrain's ambassador

Ann Clwyd, a member of inquiry into human rights abuses by Bahraini regime, returns package to Fortnum & Mason

Bahrain's ambassador to London has been snubbed after sending a Christmas hamper to an MP who sits on a committee conducting an inquiry into human rights abuses in the country.
Ann Clwyd, who has criticised the regime for torturing and imprisoning pro-democracy campaigners, was surprised to find a festive Fortnum & Mason wicker basket in her office on Wednesday.
After inquiries with the royal grocers, she discovered the hamper was a gift from Alice Thomas Samaan, Bahrain's ambassador. Clwyd returned the hamper to the store and sent a letter to the embassy explaining that she could not accept it.
Clwyd sits on the foreign affairs select committee that is conducting an inquiry into the Foreign Office's response to Bahrain's human rights abuses and she chairs the all-party parliamentary human rights group. She was surprised to be confronted with such a large basket in her office – it was, her staff estimate, nearly a metre long, 60cm wide and 60cm high.
"I asked my researcher where it came from, but inside there was just a note saying that it was a Christmas hamper but no explanation of who had sent it," she said.
Inside, staff could see chocolates and champagne, but did not explore further because Clywd was already concerned about who had sent it.
A member of her staff called Fortnum & Mason, which confirmed it had come from Samaan.
Because they did not open it, staff are unsure whether it was a "jubilee" hamper, worth about £200, which contains champagne, truffles and a jubilee tea towel, or a "Christmas feast" hamper, worth £500, which includes smoked salmon, stilton, cranberry sauce, Christmas pudding, coffee, chocolate biscuits and gin.
"I just could not accept it given what has happened to the citizens of Bahrain. I said, 'Lets get it out of my office and send it back'," she said.

Further inquiries from the Guardian established that Samaan sent similar packages from the store in London's Piccadilly to about 10 other MPs.
Conor Burns, the Conservative MP for Bournemouth West, who is chairman of the all-party group on Bahrain, said he was one of the recipients.
Burns, a former public relations executive who went on a £3,279 trip funded by the Bahraini foriegn ministry in October 2010 to observe elections in the country, said he had not yet opened it.
"What I sometimes do is distribute foodstuffs to charities. But given that the hamper is in London and I am on my way to Bournemouth, it isn't a big deal," he said.
It is understood that five other members of the foreign affairs select committee were contacted on Thursday by parliamentary officials but none of them had received similar packages.
Samaan was appointed head of Bahrain's diplomatic mission to London last year. No one from the Bahraini embassy was available for comment.
Rallies and gatherings are banned in Bahrain, which hosts the US Navy's fifth fleet and has been in turmoil since pro-democracy protests led by its Shi'ite Muslim majority erupted last year.
Bahrain's ruling Al-Khalifa family, who are Sunni Muslims, used martial law and help from Gulf neighbours to put down last year's uprising, but unrest has resumed. The opposition says little progress has been made towards its demands for reforms including a parliament with full powers to legislate and form governments. Many Shi'ites complain of political and economic marginalisation, a charge that Bahrain denies.
المصدر عن صحيفة guardian البريطانية
http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/d...istmas-hampers

__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
فضيحة المتطوعين الجلف !! فضيحة الفضائح محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-26-2012 12:10 AM
مطلووووب مجمع فلل 8 او 10 فاضي غير موجؤ خليفه ا او محمد بن زايد محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-23-2012 04:20 PM
[ تبادل اعلاني ] : فضيحة ابو غدير , صاحب موقع شات العراق iq29 , فضيحة خبير قوقل محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-23-2011 06:00 AM
فيديو \\ إستقبال سفيرة يسقط حمد بالهتافات وصور الشهداء في لندن 25\10\2 محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 10-27-2011 07:20 PM
محكمة ترفض مكافأة سعودي رفض رشوة لأن "جزاء الآخرة أهم" محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-21-2009 01:50 PM

الساعة الآن 12:28 PM