إنضمامك إلي منتديات استراحات زايد يحقق لك معرفة كل ماهو جديد في عالم الانترنت ...

انضم الينا
استراحات زايد الصفحة الرئيسية

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 05-12-2009, 07:40 AM
عضو ماسي
بيانات محروم.كوم
 رقم العضوية : 503
 تاريخ التسجيل : Dec 2007
الجنس : female
علم الدوله :
 المشاركات : 2,100,611
عدد الـنقاط :3341
 تقييم المستوى : 2139

I'm trying to import book review data from another MySQL db and have a capable friend who's willing to give this a shot. I have the data in an Excel sheet, and my friend is already familiar with the original MySQL db, if that helps.

As a head-start he's asked me to find out which fields/tables he needs to alter in order to pull in the data as threads in a specific vB forum.

Could someone identify the fields & tables that we need to map for the import? Below are the existing fields we need to map. (the format is "existing-db --> vB db")

title --> Thread Title
author names --> vB custom field (provided via a mod, we'll figure it out)
category --> Thread Prefix
cover photo --> 1st attachment of thread's 1st post
review title --> Post Title (or thread title if first post)
review --> Post Contents
date --> Date
rating --> Thread Rating
username --> Username

Firstly, I have previously imported the old db's users. They're in vB with the same username & email address, and I used the 'hidden' field via ImpEx to maintain the old db's userids.

Some of the reviews ("threads") have multiple reviews ("posts") per book, so each review/post after the first would just be replies to the thread. I mention this because I'm not sure if vB differentiates between the same fields depending on thread-starter or reply-poster.

I also need to know where to put the cover photos -- vB attachments are currently in the filesystem, not the db, so I would think I can just copy those into the attachment directory. I'm not sure how to reflect that in the vB db filed re: filenames.

I had hoped that ImpEx would have an open-import option that might allow me to just map source fields to destination fields so that I could to this myself, but since there isn't such an option I'm appealing to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much. I couldn't find developer documentation on the schema (if there is a resource for this, I'd appreciate someone pointing it out for me!).

cheers.
__DEFINE_LIKE_SHARE__
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة
Trackbacks are متاحة
Pingbacks are متاحة
Refbacks are متاحة

المواضيع المتشابهه
الموضوع كاتب الموضوع المنتدى مشاركات آخر مشاركة
Importing very large MySQL database محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 05-20-2010 07:10 AM
Importing data from a CSV file into vBulletin 4 using ImpEx محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-05-2010 08:28 PM
Forum Importing data after the fact. محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 12-25-2009 05:48 AM
Need some suggestions on a Mysql/data issue. محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 07-09-2009 01:40 AM
Forum showing 0 threads / 0 posts but there are threads/posts... محروم.كوم منتدى أخبار المواقع والمنتديات العربية والأجنبية 0 04-14-2009 11:50 PM

الساعة الآن 07:19 PM